PDA

View Full Version : Best-functioning betting site?

Lou G
09-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Who, in your opinion has the best-functioning betting site?
I've used ehorse for close to 10 years but, even with a dsl connection their site is sort of slow and clunky in certain ways (updates wipe out dropdown menus, etc.). The site is also not Firefox-friendly although I have contacted tech support several times to point out to them that MANY people choose to use browsers other than IE.

Thanks for your input,
Lou G

skate
09-03-2005, 03:46 PM
lou;

although i might not be using your system (?), i use ie browser.

amer tab works real good for me. for video, one needs a cable or disk, and not a phone line with a provider.

i hook -up with ameri tab thru my TSN account.

tsnhorse

JustRalph
09-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I agree on Ameritab........I hook up with them thru www.winticket.com

cnollfan
09-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Ameritab is by far the best of the ones I use. I have dial-up and they don't have too many pesky graphics, but have pertinent odds info. Ponyupbet loads quickly, no graphics at all, but has just a limited number of tracks and odds info is very sketchy.

Xpressbet is a big hassle, and I hate to say anything bad about a New Orleans-related product these days but Fgnetbet is an even bigger hassle.

grahors
09-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Brisbet...ameritab

BarnieClockerbigal
09-04-2005, 12:10 PM
For those of us who live in NJ.

NJ account wagering is really great. :cool:

Nickle
09-05-2005, 01:24 PM
NJ Bets is very very quick

I wish they would add jockey info though

falconridge
09-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Xpressbet is a big hassle.

From my experience, it would appear that Xpressbet is committed to a "heads, I win/tails, you lose" policy regarding deposits to, and withdrawals from, their customers' betting accounts. When, after an atypically successful day playing Finger Lakes and the Northern California Fair Circuit through Xpressbet, I tried--for the first time since registering, and after sending, over the course of several weeks, several hundred dollars (though only $50 a day, per Xpressbet's restriction) into my account--I tried to withdraw some of what I'd won, I received only a cryptic message indicating those funds were yet "unavailable." My call to the "User Support" number brought only a preposterous "explanation" of Xpressbet's having to protect itself against on-line transfers from bank accounts that might not contain sufficient funds. For that reason, the customer must wait six business days after his most recent deposit before he is eligible to make a withdrawal--of either the residue of funds deposited or of winnings.

What?! Debits to my checking account had always been recorded instantum; moreover, I hadn't tried to withdraw even as much as I'd deposited! Nevertheless, I was told, I'd have to wait the six days, and, should I make a deposit in the interim, I'd have to wait another six days after I made that deposit.

Of course such doubletalk and dubious policy invite suspicion that Xpressbet has a real racket going. I'm more than a little embarrassed to report how this one turned out: I waited the six days, made no more deposits, and, come the dawn of the day I could finally complete my withdrawal, I had only a little over $30--out of the $250+ I'd had a week earlier--left in my account. Yes, the otherwise unspendable money burnt a hole in my pocket, as I squandered it on nags I'd never had a thought to play. Call me a six-day sucker if you will, but give Xpressbet a wide berth.

rokitman
09-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Six-day sucker.

falconridge
09-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Six-day sucker.
Now, he tells me!

Late though his delivery may be (for my benefit, anyway), I can't say Rokitman "lacked the needed response." (Cf. posts in the "Comment Line" thread)

twindouble
09-05-2005, 07:28 PM
falconridge (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=1776) vbmenu_register("postmenu_213649", true);

I solved that problem by having more than one wagering site, when I withdraw money, I go to the other sites and continue wagering or depost, Youbet is good on withdraws, 3,to 5 business days, no problem, providing you have enough in your account and don't depost. It did make sense to me that they could get ripped off, someone withdraws two grand, looses $1500 in deposts and takes the money and runs when it hits their bank account because they went to deep and couldn't afford the losses. That's not counting those that are out to scam to begin with. To me, Youbet is the best site out there.

T.D.

falconridge
09-05-2005, 08:19 PM
falconridge (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=1776) vbmenu_register("postmenu_213649", true);
It did make sense to me that they could get ripped off, someone withdraws two grand, looses $1500 in deposts and takes the money and runs when it hits their bank account because they went to deep and couldn't afford the losses. That's not counting those that are out to scam to begin with. To me, Youbet is the best site out there.

T.D.
Your endorsement of Youbet enables me to dismiss any suspicion I may have had that you work for Xpressbet. I, too, use Youbet, and occasionally TVG. The former offers numerous advantages: many tracks, video coverage, no-hassle deposit/withdrawal. Unfortunately, Youbet's telephone wagering component leaves something to be desired; I've found the voice recognition option to be slow and undependable, and--ouch!--potentially costly, as when it failed to record my wager accurately on what should have been a several hundred dollar score (I did, after a few days and no trivial amount of grief, get the wager refunded--cold comfort, that!). Youbet's touch-tone option menu is also cumbersome and confusing. I've found TVG's telephone system easier and faster to use than Youbet's, notwithstanding the occasional glitch and lack of a voice-recognition option. Then again, with TVG you're held up for per-bet charges.

Your experience with Youbet vis-a-vis deposits and withdrawals should tell you that any reputable concern that does business on-line will have in place a mechanism whereby the merchant can determine whether or not its customers have sufficient funds available (or a large enough credit limit, or good enough credit) before any transaction is effected. Funds transferred into Youbet and TVG accounts are available for wagering immediately.

With Youbet, TVG, and other alternatives, who needs Xpressbet? Xpressbet boasts "the best tracks," but apart from the Santa Anita, Gulfstream, and (I'm reaching here) Golden Gate and Pimlico winter meets, where's the justification for that claim? Apparently Flamboro Downs, Finger Lakes, and Great Lakes Downs passed muster, but Hollywood, Churchill, and the big NYRA tracks missed the cut! (I know, one can argue about who is more blameworthy--Stronach or Churchill Downs, Inc.--but the Magna magnate's never done a lot to lure me into his camp.)

sjk
09-05-2005, 08:28 PM
I guess someone needs to speak up for xpressbet. I have used them since 1996 and have made withdrawals a dozen or more times. They have always sent the funds FedEx for next day delivery with no issues whatever.

Fat Ira
09-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Hello from NJ,

Glad to see a discussion of the betting sites.

The thread seems to be centered on US based companies.

Anyone have any input regarding the off-shore sites ?

Our thoughts and prayers go to those affected by Katrina...the

people in the NJ / NY area will not forget the help and support we recieved
on and after 9/11.

twindouble
09-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Your endorsement of Youbet enables me to dismiss any suspicion I may have had that you work for Xpressbet. I, too, use Youbet, and occasionally TVG. The former offers numerous advantages: many tracks, video coverage, no-hassle deposit/withdrawal. Unfortunately, Youbet's telephone wagering component leaves something to be desired; I've found the voice recognition option to be slow and undependable, and--ouch!--potentially costly, as when it failed to record my wager accurately on what should have been a several hundred dollar score (I did, after a few days and no trivial amount of grief, get the wager refunded--cold comfort, that!). Youbet's touch-tone option menu is also cumbersome and confusing. I've found TVG's telephone system easier and faster to use than Youbet's, notwithstanding the occasional glitch and lack of a voice-recognition option. Then again, with TVG you're held up for per-bet charges. As of now I haven't had the need to use the phone or voice wagering options. Thanks.

Your experience with Youbet vis-a-vis deposits and withdrawals should tell you that any reputable concern that does business on-line will have in place a mechanism whereby the merchant can determine whether or not its customers have sufficient funds available (or a large enough credit limit, or good enough credit) before any transaction is effected. Funds transferred into Youbet and TVG accounts are available for wagering immediately. I agree a credit limit is in order but I think it's governed by the states as to how much credit anyone can get gambling on the horses, what it is I don't know. When I first signed on to Youbet I wasn't looking for any credit from them, I could get all the credit I want through the books if I so desire, that's a ticket to disaster for most people. My bank account is my book, I like it better that way. In other words, I use Youbet and others as my teller only, wager and withdraw when I get lucky.

With Youbet, TVG, and other alternatives, who needs Xpressbet? Xpressbet boasts "the best tracks," but apart from the Santa Anita, Gulfstream, and (I'm reaching here) Golden Gate and Pimlico winter meets, where's the justification for that claim? Apparently Flamboro Downs, Finger Lakes, and Great Lakes Downs passed muster, but Hollywood, Churchill, and the big NYRA tracks missed the cut! (I know, one can argue about who is more blameworthy--Stronach or Churchill Downs, Inc.--but the Magna magnate's never done a lot to lure me into his camp.) I agree, I do think I got some good adivise when I first started wagering online, that was when I made a score just to keep a limited amount money in the wagering account just in case the site when belly up. Also to have more than one wagering site just in case the other went down for some reason. That's worked well for me. The only thing that upsets me is not getting rebates that others are getting.

T.D.

falconridge
09-05-2005, 09:12 PM
I guess someone needs to speak up for xpressbet.

Pace (that's PA-chay) sjk for his support of Xpressbet. The person with whom I spoke when I dialed the Xpressbet number was courteous, attentive, and helpful, and generous in the time and effort she gave in explaining the snafu and suggesting recourse. She also gave me to understand that Xpressbet once did business more in the manner of Youbet and TVG, and continued such policy for its older customers.

To be fair to Xpressbet, my experience in registering a complaint with them was far more pleasant that it had been with Youbet, where I had exchanges first with an imbecile who suggested I not fret over the mis-applied wager ("Look on the bright side: you still won over $200 on the eighth race") and a supervisor who thought a David Spade schtick ("Yet you continue to call [the youbet/mobile service]") would be just the thing to shut me up. My Xpressbet contact even went so far as to agree and commiserate with me about the undiscriminatingly neurotic--though not notably effective--security measures her employer exercised with newer account holders.

Maybe I was a bit too sensitive, but I do feel as though I was treated like a deadbeat without having given anyone cause to suspect same. In any event, I'm glad to hear of sjk's positive experience.

Best wishes,

Falconridge