PDA

View Full Version : Texas deserves some thanks

chickenhead
09-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Just wanted to say that I think Texas deserves some thanks from everyone for stepping up to the plate and doing so much for the NO refugees...I'm sure it will cause some inconvinience and some disruption for you all down there, but I know the people of LA need it, and all of us around the country appreciate it. I would expect no less hospitality from any other state and its people in a similiar position, but you guys are it, and you came through with flying colors.

Thanks.

Tom
09-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Pretty neigborly of those cowboys!
:ThmbUp:

lsbets
09-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks chickenhead. We have about 5,000 or so in the Dallas area,e xpected to grow to 25,000 over the next few days. You should see the lines of people dropping stuff off for the folks coming here.

so.cal.fan
09-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Texans are gracious people. They are not given enough credit for their good hearts.
Thanks Texas. God Bless all of you.

doophus
09-03-2005, 08:07 PM
I understand that Texas now has approx 250,000 refugees, voluntary and involuntary. That number will probably grow when the area victims finally realize that their job is also gone.

However, we've always known that Texans were benevolent to a fault. Remember the Great Society? :p

Thanks Texas! We're sending more, I promise. I sure hope the welcome mat remains outside the door.

Secretariat
09-03-2005, 08:46 PM
I agree, Texas has reached out to offer help much more than has been received from Florida. In fact evacuees are being kicked out of hotels to make room for those attending the Miami-Fl. State game.

JustRalph
09-03-2005, 08:52 PM
I agree, Texas has reached out to offer help much more than has been received from Florida. In fact evacuees are being kicked out of hotels to make room for those attending the Miami-Fl. State game.

I heard on the radio today that there is some kind of Florida law that says you can't pull the reservations without 3 days notice??? Not sure how true that is. But I did hear some hotel guy say that in an interview............sounds kind of dumb to me. In this scenario, I think I would dare someone to prosecute?

lsbets
09-03-2005, 09:08 PM
I heard about another hotel that cancelled all the reservations for the football game so the folks from the hurricane could stay there. There's scumbags everywhere, and because one guy in Florida is a scumbag, doesn't make it a state full of scumbags.