PDA

View Full Version : Inner Turf at Saratoga

Figman
09-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Jockeys questioning the safety of the Saratoga Inner Turf course.
Main Course OK.
Be careful of races 4 & 11 on Saturday and 1, 7 & 11 on Sunday, they may be off the turf.

cj
09-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't they just move them to the main turf course, rather than the dirt? They did that at least once during my trip there.

Figman
09-03-2005, 12:09 PM
The explanation is that NYRA wanted to keep race 11 on the inner on Saturday and the jockeys did not. The inner will be used on Labor Day for a 1 3/8 mile stake. The main cannot sustain all the turf races if all the "inners" were moved to the main.

The problem on the inner was that the first turn was very wet on Friday and really got chewed up badly.

Storm Cadet
09-03-2005, 12:14 PM
The explanation is that NYRA wanted to keep race 11 on the inner on Saturday and the jockeys did not. The inner will be used on Labor Day for a 1 3/8 mile stake. The main cannot sustain all the turf races if all the "inners" were moved to the main.

The problem on the inner was that the first turn was very wet on Friday and really got chewed up badly.

Thats why they have rails....to move them away from the beaten path along the hedge...

GMB@BP
09-03-2005, 12:42 PM

they have two days left, who cares if it gets beat down, they have 11 months to get it back in shape.....what a joke.

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2005, 12:51 PM
they have two days left, who cares if it gets beat down, they have 11 months to get it back in shape.....what a joke.

It's more of a safety issue than a course preservation issue...

GMB@BP
09-03-2005, 01:47 PM
It's more of a safety issue than a course preservation issue...

its rained one day all meet and the turf is unsafe, what did they do in years past when it rained all the time?

Observer
09-03-2005, 04:12 PM
...what did they do in years past when it rained all the time?

Ran a lot less races because they were "off the turf."

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2005, 04:40 PM
its rained one day all meet and the turf is unsafe, what did they do in years past when it rained all the time?

It rained only one day in New Orleans as well....what's your point?

Tom
09-03-2005, 05:59 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the little guy
09-04-2005, 01:08 AM
The problem, as I see it, is the jockey's overall lack of credibility. As far as I'm concerned, after they cancelled needlessly on more than one occasion during the winter, they have become the collective " boy who cried wolf ".

They have chosen a dangerous profession, one that was NOT forced upon them, and they seem to place themselves above EVERYONE else, and nobody more than the horseplayers, who are effectively their boss, as we pay them.

Macdiarmadillo
09-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Okay, I missed the initial post. That explains all the scratches on the inner today (Saturday), so many that I thought maybe they forgot to tell us the races were moved to the main, as the 11th was.

The first turn on the inner course did look chewed up FWIW.

GMB@BP
09-04-2005, 06:17 PM
It rained only one day in New Orleans as well....what's your point?

that is an excellent comparison, cant see why I did not think of that.

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Ah, sarcasm met with sarcasm...I like it!

I know you get the point....it's a good one.