PDA

View Full Version : Any PAers from New Orleans?

Dave Schwartz
09-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Are any of our PA guys here from New Orleans?

If so, are they all accounted for?

Are there any that could use some help?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

kingfin66
09-01-2005, 08:20 PM
So far, Blackgold has checked in (see his thread in this section). He is fine, but his home is under water. Tom also mentioned that Hurrikane is from that area, although I recall him saying in the past that he is from the Washington D.C. area (The Bullseye).

Tom
09-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Hurrikane is well. He posted at HTR today.

He and his wife are putting in long dys on the relief effort down there.

kingfin66
09-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm glad to hear that our New Orleans PA'ers are safe.

Tom
09-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Webmaster Rick from HTR was rescued today - after a weeklong vigile by all HTR users and his family.

Finally, something good to talk about.

Sad to think many more vigiles will not end happily ever after.

ElKabong
09-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Dave,

Unfortunately not all PA NOLA dwellers are accounted for. In the inter board contest a few locals there participated for The Starting Gate, and quite a few lurked here if not posted.

I visited FG in 2002 for the first time, met many of those folks. Was a guest with a dozen or so nola.com startinggate posters, courtesy of Bryan Krantz. We were treated to the best day you could ask for, on closing weekend. He put us up in the owners box, all food and drink was free.

After a race late on the card that STORMSCOPE won, we were all invited to get our picture taken with the winner, the jock (Robby Albarado) and the winning Trainer (Eddie Johnston) and the owner in the winner's circle.

I still have that picture. It's on my fridge....Two of the other 7 forum posters in that picture aren't accounted for, as of yet. I know of two (Sue and Joe) that foolishly waited out the storm. They're reportedly safe and sound.....but I'm still waiting to hear from either of them....the entire forum there is waiting to hear from them. The are two other folks we've not heard from, I'm pretty worried about.

When I've looked at that pic the past few days I have to admit it gets to me a bit. Happy faces, great racing fans....that's all I knew them for. No doubt things haven't turned out well for them, and I'm wondering about the 4 or 5 that didn't get into that winner's circle pic. Have only heard from one of them.