PDA

View Full Version : Incremental Splits::This Horse in Formulator 4, need code that works

sparkywowo
08-31-2005, 11:31 PM
I am using the formulator 4 and like the Incremental Splits :: This Horse, but the code doesn't spit out sensible number for races less than 6f since the points of call don't match up with the 1/4 and 1/2 times.

I would ideally like to find a hunk of code that reads in the exported file from DRF then redisplays the data like you would see it in formulator 4, calculates reasonable incremental splits for each horse, then if you like you select a race for a given horse it computes the sartin numbers, ep, lp, sp, fx etc... and ultimately gives you a ranking table.

If you have this or know where I can get it aside from writing it myself, lmk.

Thanks!

Vegas711
09-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Contact Matt Thomas at Smertsoftware@comcast.net he is my personal computer programer for a low fee he can customize a program with the exact printout that you want.

Tell him that mike P. from savage gave you his name. Maybe he will give you a disount.

xfile
09-01-2005, 06:17 AM
I am using the formulator 4 and like the Incremental Splits :: This Horse, but the code doesn't spit out sensible number for races less than 6f since the points of call don't match up with the 1/4 and 1/2 times.

I would ideally like to find a hunk of code that reads in the exported file from DRF then redisplays the data like you would see it in formulator 4, calculates reasonable incremental splits for each horse, then if you like you select a race for a given horse it computes the sartin numbers, ep, lp, sp, fx etc... and ultimately gives you a ranking table.

If you have this or know where I can get it aside from writing it myself, lmk.

Thanks!

One thing i didn't like about formulator is the output of several diifferent files. I believe bris or tsn files are the best and they are all in one file. You can easily make sartin numbers using those data files

Speed Figure
09-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Try this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sartin-Handicapping-Method-PRO-Calculator_W0QQitemZ5236696119QQcategoryZ31668QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

richrosa
09-01-2005, 01:18 PM
I have made available for FREE my BRIS file importer to a MySQL database. Using this you could write your own program.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/handicappingos

I hope this is useful to you. Did I say that it was FREE?

46zilzal
09-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I have made available for FREE my BRIS file importer to a MySQL database. Using this you could write your own program.

Rich look at the 7th today at Monmouth:Stormy Rosa is running

douglasw32
09-03-2005, 08:44 PM
RichRosa-

OPEN SOURCE HANDICAPPING, unbelievable...I am a php/databse guy myself, can I contribute in any way do you have todo list?

Let me know.

douglasw32
09-03-2005, 10:20 PM
RichRosa-

OPEN SOURCE HANDICAPPING, unbelievable...I am a php/databse guy myself, can I contribute in any way do you have todo list?

Let me know.

Well maybe I do not...got it all up and installed but can not get around this...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: geturl() in /home/handicap/public_html/ass/getFiles.php on line 61

I put it in a sub directory call ass (don't ask) then set upload directory to be classline..

<?

define ('_URL_PATH', "http://handicapperstore.com/ass/");
define ('_UPLOAD_DIR', 'classline/');

?>

any idea where I am going wrong would love to see this work!

richrosa
09-03-2005, 10:32 PM
plus this in, probably in tools.php. Let me know if this works.

function getURL ($dataSource) {

if ( (startsWith($dataSource, 'http://')) || (startsWith($dataSource, 'https://')) ) {
//echo "<br>datasource = $dataSource";
$ch = curl_init($dataSource);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)");
$readData = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

if($debug) echo "!!".strlen($this->dataSource)."!";
if($debug) echo "\n<br>Curl -> '$dataSource'\n";
if($debug) echo "\n<br>Result -> '".$this->dataSource."'\n";
}
else {
$fd = fopen($dataSource, "r");
do
{
$tmp = fread($fd, MAX_DATASOURCE_SIZE);
$readData .= $tmp;
}
while(strlen($tmp) >0);
fclose($fd);
}

if (strstr($readData, "Scroll to race")) {
logChartURL($dataSource, $readData);
echo "<br>Stored - $dataSource";
}
return $readData;
}

douglasw32
09-04-2005, 08:58 AM
WOW again thanks for the free tech support, it did the trick then hung on the import (no biggie) very very nice stuff, good code documentation to boot.

Rich I should ask WHAT? Bris datafile do you use...or does it not matter.

I assume the single file drf?

richrosa
09-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Glad you are making progress. Its BRIS single DRF. Fire away on the questions.

douglasw32
09-04-2005, 09:24 PM
http://handicapperstore.com/ass/index.php?action=getFiles&fileToGrab=CON0903.DRF&subaction=getFile

Okay it is doing the get url...
with that addition.

Addding Race = 1
Table 'handicap_bris.raceList' doesn't exist
SQL - INSERT INTO raceList (raceID, horseName, type) VALUES ( 10, '', 'Lasix' ) failed

your sql imported into mine..the teble is there, the database name/user/pass etc are all correct???

I'm Lost again.

NICE CODING I can not get over the work you put into this.
I do not see anything wrong that is causing the above.

DW

richrosa
09-04-2005, 09:54 PM
comment out lines 181-184. They're not needed.

douglasw32
09-04-2005, 11:12 PM
181 WHERE filename = " . $conn->qstr($fileToGrab);
182 //echo $sql;
183 $recordSet = execute_sql($sql);
184 //show_array($recordSet->fields);

Not this..or yes this ???

I know at this point your thinking wow, dingbat... lol
:bang:

richrosa
09-05-2005, 08:54 PM
comment out these:

// add the lists
if ($this->tdyLasixList) { $this->save_list("Lasix"); }
if ($this->tdyButeList) { $this->save_list("Bute"); }
if ($this->tdyCoupledList) {$this->save_list("Coupled"); }
if ($this->tdyMutelList) {$this->save_list("Mutel"); }

douglasw32
09-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: () in /home/handicap/public_html/ass/getFiles.php on line 84

Back to this after those removals....closer ?

P.S. the removals were in the include 'race' I was not looking there :(

Thanks again...I'll get it sooner or later.