PDA

View Full Version : I would steal food and water, would you?

BetHorses!
08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Probably get some different/angry opinions with this topic but I see nothing wrong with taking food and water, after all these people have nothing and its 90+ degrees. There are many places where the Red Cross has not showed up yet. I do not see any food drops anywhere.

Now let me be clear about something, I see the pictures and I realize there are many people stealing other things such as IPODS, TV's, money, and raiding other peoples homes and that is wrong but lets just talk about food and water here. What would you do?

My answer is Yes I would take food and water if needed in order to survive.

Tom
08-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Big difference bewteen looting and surviving. I say, shoot looters on sight, no questions asked.

Tom
08-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Looking at the devastation along our Gulf coast states, I became curious as to which of our international friends have come running to our rescue, as we do every time one of them is hit by disaster.

Let’s see, France, who owes their freedom and independence from the Nazis to us must have broken records getting aid to our shores. Money, oil, gasoline? It boggles the mind to imagine what treasure the French have donated to our southern cites in need, but I have not found this on any of the news shows yet – has anyone seen what must be a sizable commitment to our well being?

Looking at a more recent beneficiary our selfless benevolence, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia must be leading the list. Both are rich oil producing countries who owe their very existence to our sacrifices ( not that we’re keeping track, mind you!). Kuwait surely has full tankers laden with crude speeding west as we speak, and most assuredly one of those tankers is carrying cash for immediate consumption by our needy. Saudi Arabia has great influence over the price of oil, so I am looking to see just how low our price per barrel has dropped since Monday. I would guess we are paying about $20 a barrel by now, knowing just how grateful that House of Saud can be.

And what about Mexico, our close friend and neighbor to the south, who share the same Gulf coastline? Surely they had an advantage in term of distance in getting aid to the front lines of this natural disaster. Surly, they are sending oil and gas north, and I just cannot imagine where we will put all that cold cash they must be sending back to us, cash earned illegally here and sent to Mexican relatives over the last year. I am sure they realize that we need it more than they do now and are probably sending it in by the carload.

Kofi Anon must be marshaling the UN felons to funnel some of their oil-for-food booty to our needy. Kofi is always right there on top of human suffering, why just look at what he has done for Sudan, Rwanda…..The original Angel of Mercy.

Houston is opening up the astrodome indefinately to provide shelter for upwards of 27,000, who they are helping transport. Inspired no doubt by the good neigbor actins of Houston, the oil companies could not wait to jump in and raise prices through the roof, long before the storm ever hit shore! Talk about being pro-active. Must be they saw those transport busses as a golden opportunity to fleece more money out a disastor. Reocrd profits, and never a thought of helping out thier neighbors, just screwing them worse. Way to go, bastards.

I haven’t seen actual figures yet, but I am sure our lib friends have come across this information on their daily surfing expeditions searching for things to blame on Bush. Please share.

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Great points Tom....

And to address the original question posed in this thread, I doubt anyone would have a problem with someone taking some food or water for survival purposes. But that isn't the case in many of the instances.

Lefty
08-31-2005, 11:32 PM
yeah, you got gangs that have looted guns and are now taking things at gunpoint from the other people. I'm with Tom. Shoot the looters on sight.

schweitz
09-01-2005, 12:00 AM
What I don't understand is where do these looters that are taking cameras, tvs, bikes, etc. think they are going to do with their loot? They are living in a swamp that they will have to evacuate. :bang:

Steve 'StatMan'
09-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes, read that one looter, holding lots of looted stuff, asking a police officer to help in transport him and his stuff! :eek: :rolleyes: :bang:

Steve 'StatMan'
09-01-2005, 12:10 AM
I do wish they could just open up the food stores and get the food out. Some of that stuff is perishible anyway. Probably have hell to pay from their insurers though I imagine. But the electronics and stuff, no way to justify that. I imagine you could tell the morons from the rest - they'd be the ones carrying big TVs around, with no where to plug them in.

Secretariat
09-01-2005, 12:48 AM
More concerned with those looting alcohol and guns.

I've seen the mayor has reassigned the police to looting patrol rather than search and rescue.

kingfin66
09-01-2005, 12:50 AM
I was kind of wondering about this myself. Even some type of symbolic gesture would be nice, like some countries sending some of there National Guard (or equivalent) to help keep peace and assist in the salvage effort. Doesn't have to be huge cash donations, but how about some type of support.

kenwoodallpromos
09-01-2005, 12:09 PM
You are assuming there was not the days of warning about the hurricane. Most could have boughten some bottled water and canned or wrapped food just in case- many did not bother. People can survive 1 week on a 5 gallon jug of water and even a small amount of hard candy, beef jerky, Gatorade, canned food, even dog food. It is hard to believe trhese people did not even have a few cans of food at home.
I saw a guy looting an armful of fishing poles but no tackle- tell me he was going fishing! Most of these jerks were stealing items for resell.
The reason I do not feel sorry for Walmart is because many of these people who are looting that store may have been turned downed for work there so Wally could hire illegals cheaper.
If it was me I would be stealing diabetes drugs I or wife needs from pharmacies, then drinks. And of course be carrying a big knife.
Earthquakes in Ca give no warning, but there has been 5 Canes this season.

RXB
09-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't understand this excuse that "nobody knew it would be this bad." That's the reason being given for the delayed response to the situation in New Orleans.

That is ridiculous. I saw the head disaster official in New Orleans, I saw weathermen and engineers, all saying prior to the arrival of the hurricane that a storm of this nature would probably overwhelm the levees and that the flooding would be a bigger problem that the wind damage.

JustRalph
09-01-2005, 05:08 PM
More concerned with those looting alcohol and guns.

I've seen the mayor has reassigned the police to looting patrol rather than search and rescue.

The most corrupt police in the country are assigned to protect against looters.........yeah right.

Fox News had some footage of two female police officers looting...in uniform:eek:....what a place!

Tom
09-01-2005, 07:34 PM
What the hell makes somebody shoot at resuce helicopters?

Some sick boys on the bayou, for sure.

JustRalph
09-01-2005, 08:15 PM
What the hell makes somebody shoot at resuce helicopters?

Some sick boys on the bayou, for sure.

Tom, on radio today I heard an interview with a doctor who was waiting on a Helipad for the choppers to land. Two guys came over to the pad and said
"that chopper is going to take us to get our families" then when the chopper started to go around (after spying the guys with guns) they started taking shots at it.

They apparently wanted to hijack the chopper to save their family. Wow! Can you imagine a hijacked chopper out flying around looking for some wingnuts family?

BetHorses!
09-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Most could have boughten some bottled water and canned or wrapped food just in case- many did not bother. People can survive 1 week on a 5 gallon jug of water and even a small amount of hard candy, beef jerky, Gatorade, canned food, even dog food. It is hard to believe trhese people did not even have a few cans of food at home.

First of all, some of these people are the poorest of the poor and just cannot go to the store and buy $50 worth of food. Secondly, Lets say they did, don't forget that food was likely in the kitchen which is usually on the first floor. So all food is gone when the water started rising so fast. Again, I see the pictures of them stealing sneakers and radio's etc. THAT IS WRONG but I also see the Police making people drop food that is RIDICULOUS. What good is the food doing in the stores??, people are trapped without electric, no food drops, no fresh water what are you suppose to do?

Tom
09-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Food and water are fair game.

Medicine, dry clothes, too.

I am wondering if so many TV reporters and cameramen can get to all these people, why can't the authorities?