PDA

View Full Version : Link to economic news on Yahoo

ljb
08-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Here is a news story on Yahoo from AP, concerning poverty rates and incomes.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050830/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/census_poverty

Secretariat
08-30-2005, 08:38 PM
45.8 mil without insurance...the amazing thing in the article though was that poverty has NEVER gone down in the Bush admin...not even a month? Whew...

JustRalph
08-30-2005, 09:09 PM
why don't you guys just a start a thread called "" Bush Bashing " and post all of your bullshit there..........it might save somebody from actually reading a thread started by one of you.............

ljb
08-30-2005, 09:59 PM
why don't you guys just a start a thread called "" Bush Bashing " and post all of your bullshit there..........it might save somebody from actually reading a thread started by one of you.............
Is this news "Bush Bashing"? What did faux infotainment network have to say about this ? Or Limbaugh or Hannity ?

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Boy, they sure got us by the short hairs, eh JR? :lol:

You boys aren't fooling anyone, and when you get your panties in a bunch (when folks start protesting the protesters in Crawford, for instance) it's quite entertaining.....

Secretariat
08-31-2005, 02:26 AM
PA,

What in the world does that have to do with the poverty figures?

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2005, 02:37 AM
It was more of a general commentary as to the quantity and subject matter of your posts, taken as a whole.

ljb
08-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Sec,
Pa has resorted to typical right-wing responses to facts they don't like. Sometimes their responses are co-ordinated by Karl Rove, seldom are they spontaneous. The fellows on this board are the closest thing you will see to a spontaneous response, but they also use the Rove method of attacking the messenger rather then facing the facts.
This economic data points out the single most damaging thing about having the republicans running the show.
The gradual decline of middle-class America. Republican practices and policies tend to squeeze the middle-class out of existence. They give small tax breaks to the middle-class which are nothing compared to the increase in living expenses. This along with corporate profits soaring while wages remain stagnant creates a two class society much like Mexico's. This of course is the neocons real goal.

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Whatever you say.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-31-2005, 02:02 PM
How many people lost their homes and were unemployed during the last SIX hurricanes to hit Florida in the last 2 years, let alone before it.

With the vast numbers of people left homeless from Hurricane Katrina, expect an increase next year as well. And remember, we'll laugh in your internet face if you try to blame next years decline solely on Bush.

ljb
08-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Does this have anything to do with the topic ? I was in Fl. and saw some of the remmnants of the fall hurricanes. I did not see a lot of people out of work. Matter of fact Fl is looking for more workers.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
But lots of people lost everything and could be considered living in poverty.

Lots more will be in poverty as a result of this catastrophy.

So we already know the numbers will rise next year.

Lots of things behind all the numbers, they don't always tell the story. They sure won't next year. Just one less negative news story that will be specifically related to a Repulican government offical that you'll feel compelled to bring up to everyone, with not initial commentary which would reveal your real motivation for posting it.

Secretariat
08-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah, but Steve it's heading towards the sixth year!!!! All President's have had to deal with disasters, etc. Not good.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah, but Steve it's heading towards the sixth year!!!! All President's have had to deal with disasters, etc. Not good.

But there's never been 1 normal year during his Presidency! That's the kicker! Only 8 1/2 months in, we have 9/11, and all the carnage and destruction, family breadwinners lost as well as whole businesses and jobs. I can't help but think we've had more natural disasters over the last 6 years. Esp. the last two. The loss/slowdown of the Airline Industry as a result of people cutting back on flying, etc.

Yeah, may be 6 years, but I can't see giving him a blame level of more than a 1 or a 2. Personally, I'm mentally putting a big asterisk behind any numbers I see from this era.

And it's obvious with what has just occured down south that the next report will not be any better.

Tom
08-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Last time, when Bush and bro Jeb were on the front lines of hurricane relief, the libs screamed bloody murder that they were interfering. This time, all I hear on Airhead America is "Where is Bush? Why isn't he there?"

Bush has screwed up a of of stuff, but get real....this isn't on the list.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Last time, when Bush and bro Jeb were on the front lines of hurricane relief, the libs screamed bloody murder that they were interfering. This time, all I hear on Airhead America is "Where is Bush? Why isn't he there?"

Geeze! They're trying hard just to figure out how to drain enough water just to get resquers and more food and supplies INTO the area plus the infrastructure damage, and the Err America staff knows this, but wants to complain that Bush isn't there trying to make him look bad. Those jerks sure can't be trusted on this. Hopefully the only people who buy into their garbage are the people who have been buying into it from the begining, so it won't make a damn bit of difference.

ljb
09-01-2005, 09:57 AM

This thread is about economic news. There are a couple of threads relating to the hurricane, try to stay on topic.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-01-2005, 11:06 AM
This thread is about economic news. There are a couple of threads relating to the hurricane, try to stay on topic.

But the economic news is that the number of families that earned below the poverty level has risen. Due to this hurricane, tens of thousands more people will now end up, at least temporarily, living in poverty, earning far less this year than they earned last year because they've lost their livelihoods as well as their homes. Next years numbers for this subject will be greatly impacted by this disaster.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-01-2005, 11:11 AM

Sixth year? The report says this is the 4th year of the declines. President Bush has only been in office for 4 years and 9 months. Yeah, I know, it seems like a lot longer. ;)