PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanan on G.W.B

ljb
08-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Pat Buchanan has an interesting article today regarding Bush's failure to protect our borders.
Here is the link:http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46019

cj
08-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey,

What's that red thing below your name? I've never seen that before.

ljb
08-29-2005, 10:30 PM
Don't know what it is. Perhaps PA knows what it is.

cj
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
I just noticed, when I hover over the red symbol, this comes up:

ljb has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ljb
08-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Cute, I'll have to see who else has red. What do you want to bet it's those that post from the left?

cj
08-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Nope, looks like just you and fishorsechess

ljb
08-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Well after a quick check, I found no other reds. Perhaps I have upset someone.
Perhaps it was those "truth bites them in the arse statements". Maybe we should have another vote to throw me off the board. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Basically this is just another personal attack by someone who doesn't even have the balls to sign his name. Another indication of inability to argue intelligently.
Never read anything by fishorseches or whatever.
Who da thunk ? :D :D :D
Oh by the way did you click on the link?

cj
08-29-2005, 10:55 PM
I can assure you I have nothing to do with you being red. I click on all the links. You think I have like 10000000 posts by being selective?

Tom
08-29-2005, 11:01 PM
AND......don't look at ME!

With Ljb on my ignore list, I cannot give him negative reputation points. :D

ElKabong
08-30-2005, 12:17 AM
I'd like to add to ljb's negative reputation via my vote soon. Kinda like "running the score up" on an unworthy opponent you have no fear of, nor respect for. Of course ljb wouldn't know anything about that since Middle easterners play soccer, not football (kinda hard to run up the score in 1-0 games).

Steve 'StatMan'
08-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Reputation points are rather sparingly given out. Once you rate a person's post, be it positive or negative, you have to provide ratings for many, many others before you can rate someone again. Not sure how many it is, but one or two people alone cannot run up a person's score, good or bad.

ljb
08-30-2005, 01:24 AM
OK guys I get it now. You are kinda having a silent vote on my posts. This is what used to be called "throwing the brick and hiding the hand" It may even compare to Dubya saying "Bring it on" and then running back to his hideout while brave men and women are putting their asses on the line daily in Iraq.
Not only are you guys chickenhawks, you also aint got no balls.

ljb
08-30-2005, 01:26 AM
AND......don't look at ME!

With Ljb on my ignore list, I cannot give him negative reputation points. :D
I can't believe you still choose to be ignorant. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ljb
08-30-2005, 01:29 AM
I click on all the links.
And what did you think of what Buchanan had to say ?

cj
08-30-2005, 01:41 AM
I should have said threads, not links. I generally don't go to posted articles that just basically contain a link.

ljb
08-30-2005, 01:46 AM
OK, I did however, tell what the link was about. Another question for you. Why did you point out the red thing below my name ? If I didn't know better I would think you were "flaming".

cj
08-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Because no one else has one, that is why. I read the link, just to be fair. I pretty much agree with the article, its nothing really new, and neither is the situation.

ljb
08-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Well ok, last time I looked the square had gone back to green. so I guess now no one has one. But didn't you say someone named fishhorsechess or something or other had one?

Steve 'StatMan'
08-30-2005, 02:29 AM
For what it's worth, as I read this post, your reputation indicator, ljb, has gone back to green, and the comment 'unknown quantity'. So as of this moment, it would appear that, point wise, you're teatering on the fine line of green as an underterminable vs a red for varying shades of dubiousness.

Of course, I don't think telling us we don't have any balls is going to help that indicator stay green for very long.

Frankly, I've often doubted your reasons for making a lot of posts, as you often bring up/open new threads on tough topics and frequently drop out of the discussion. Frankly, I tend to see you as a bit of a flammer. I've had you on my ignore list for quite some time, not just to keep me from 'learning' something but to keep me from flying off the handle over many of the issues and discussions. I just don't need your posts to distract me or get me worked up, there are plenty of things I need to do rather than argue politics. I'd rather spend some badly needed time on my handicapping, or exercise and get in shape - and this week I've finally started doing just that.

Since I've found many of your arguments to be weak, and mostly partisan, if not just plain trying to get on peoples nerves, I've therefore learned to pretty much ignored all your links too, including this one. Besides, I already know we need better boarder protection, always have for decades. But since there are lots people who get vocal and upset that boarder guarding is targeting Hispanics negatively, and many liberal groups and politicians will pander to many Hispanic voters to fight against stricter enforcement of our boarders, it is unlikely that much is going to get accomplished without at least a noisy struggle against some group(s). So for me to even read a thread refered to by a liberal quoting an article by an ultra-concervative that I can't even stand, sorry, I don't really care to open that door. So I haven't even bothered to read the link at the top of the thread yet.

I often respond to threads and posts you are involved in when others have quoted you and therefore I end up seeing some of your posts and I then I sometimes get involved. Trust me, again, I've got other things I need to do. But sometimes things are posted and I just can't stand to see people trying to dumb down the rest of us, and I feel compelled to respond.

So, despite plenty of people telling you what we've thought of your posts for so very long, and discussing and arguing the issues, you felt that somehow just now 'we' have been silently ganging up on you! :rolleyes:

You'll notice most of us have even ignored your thread about the college kid of liberal background, going into the young republicans meeting passing out recruitment papers. I did make the mistake of peeking into that one. Yup, the kid's a real dickhead, since he won't sign up himself which is his choice that I can respect, but he expects others, who have that same choice, to sign up and he wouldn't even appreciate them serving the country if they did sign up. And Cindy Sheehan will try to bring everyone back home before the job is finished anyway. So guess what. Folks are probably just getting wise and going to start ignoring your posts and topics.

Some folks that I may not agree with politically, at least want to have semi-reasonable discussions. Your motives I question. Frankly, I don't think its a bad thing for people to see a red sign if people think you're mostly just a chain-puller. They can decide for themselves if they want to pay attention to what you post.

Frankly, I seriously avoid making a negative comment, because many posters actually participate in the racing discussions of the forum, and since this is the main focus of the P.A. Forums, I feel these things should be kept separate. However, since I've rarely seen you post in anything other that Off Topic, I guess you'll just have to build your reputation where you hang out, with what you 'bring to the table'.

Well there, I've civily dispensed just a small portion of the contents of my intestinall-fortitue "balls". Did you really want that, and did you want others to do so as well? Be careful what you wish for, it might come true. Who knows, this post took so long, it might already be happening if it wasn't already 2:29ET.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-30-2005, 02:51 AM
Oh, and for what it's worth, I've had some nice PM's with fishorchess. He's a nice guy. What likely caused him grief was his posting of the question regarding the reputation of horseplayers as the same level as child-molesters, and worse, used the term child-molestors in the title, so it kept appearing with the thread. That thought was actually an old quote from a tounge-in-cheek comment Andy Beyer made in one of his early books - there's a thread about 1-2 months ago on this. Plus fishorchess tells me he has a natural tendancy to like discussions and often asks questions that trigger discussions. However, he did ask so many of them, that many of us were wondering sometimes why he kept asking so many questions. Then when the reputation indicators were first turned on, his came up red. When he kept complaining to PA about it in the Forum, that likely just helped drive it down more. He's since taken a break from posting, and may be reading from time to time instead. So frankly, he got a tough break from the gate, since few of us knew what the indicator, or the thread ratings (long time feature) were about. But now a couple months later, many of us now know.

ljb
08-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Steve,
You posted two lengthy threads saying why you don't read my posts. I post controversial topics yes. Many on board disagree with what I post, fine. I am willing to discuss at length any topic I post. However after about one days posting these threads deteriorate into name calling trash. This is usually when I bow out. Unless of course I feel like a joust of such nature. Which I occasionally do with Lefty
Am I to assume your posts are not partisan ?
I provided the link to show another weakness in the Bush regime. We are spending millions if not billions in Iraq while millions of illegals cross the border every year. How many of those are possible terrorists ?This may upset you (Flame). But I honestly feel the current administration is leading us down a slippery slope of self destruction and I will continue to post notes and threads pointing out their errors. I have never put anyone on an ignore list but think I may have to make an exception for you, as you feel you can come here and criticise me yet not read my posts. Oh and the rating has gone back to red.
I do not know fishorsechess and have no opinion on him or his posts.

JustRalph
08-30-2005, 08:40 AM
I like the little reputation thingy........I want to know if PA can actually edit what they say? That would be very cool.........

PaceAdvantage
08-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Yes, I can create new names for the various "levels" people ascend or descend to on their way to fame or infamy....LOL

Do you have any suggestions?

Bobby
08-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Yea its really enlightening that all the neo-con posters will be famous soon. And us of the more moderate persuasion are "unknown quanitities" and shameless.

We're talking message board technological breakthroughs

lsbets
08-30-2005, 10:13 AM
Bobby - I think both Sec and Hcap will become famous enough themselves. It seems like the reputation is not based on politics, Sec and Hcap are both far more left than you. It must be based on something else.

Bobby
08-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Steve,
You posted two lengthy threads saying why you don't read my posts. I post controversial topics yes. Many on board disagree with what I post, fine. I am willing to discuss at length any topic I post. However after about one days posting these threads deteriorate into name calling trash. This is usually when I bow out. Unless of course I feel like a joust of such nature. Which I occasionally do with Lefty
Am I to assume your posts are not partisan ?
I provided the link to show another weakness in the Bush regime. We are spending millions if not billions in Iraq while millions of illegals cross the border every year. How many of those are possible terrorists ?This may upset you (Flame). But I honestly feel the current administration is leading us down a slippery slope of self destruction and I will continue to post notes and threads pointing out their errors. I have never put anyone on an ignore list but think I may have to make an exception for you, as you feel you can come here and criticise me yet not read my posts. Oh and the rating has gone back to red.
I do not know fishorsechess and have no opinion on him or his posts.

keep posting. I like your threads. Very thoughtful. Don't worry about the ignore list . . . its for da kids.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-30-2005, 01:37 PM
I haven't read this link, but I know we've got boarder problems. Have for years, nothing new.

I end up reading many of your posts when others respond and a discussion starts with quotes, and I have to know what's going on to understand. But I found I'm much better off with the ignore button on, so I don't feel compelled to be a 'first responder'.

Feel free to ignore me if you wish.

I've only had 1 post I of yours I actually rated a negatitve, you'd expressed so much glee when we were discussing a serious problem with nasty consequences, posted that you were just laughing that Bush was looking so bad over it. I didn't make a comment, but felt that you'd missed the big picture that time, which what was best for the nation.

So, we're probably even now scorewise for what it's worth.

But when you went on about most of us being "ball"-less, well, that begged a response. Besides, I can't rate you again for quite a while anyway. Don't plan to unless I think I see another real doozie. Or one that moves me in a positive, thought provoking way. Or gives me an insight on handicapping, and answer to a good question, etc.

Since this thread never did stay on topic, you might want to start it fresh and see if anyone wants to discuss the link and the boarder situation. That way all of this doesn't keep poping back up to the top of the list on you.

ljb
08-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Just curious what post was I expressing so much glee about a condition with dire consequences ?

Lefty
08-30-2005, 08:26 PM
lbjsays:It may even compare to Dubya saying "Bring it on" and then running back to his hideout while brave men and women are putting their asses on the line daily in Iraq.
Not only are you guys chickenhawks, you also aint got no balls.

This statement is low and stupid, even for you lbj.

Oh, for the good old days of Clinton when not even one illegal came across the border.
If GW put the Nat'l Guard on the borders tom. The Dems would knock ea other dn to rush to the podium to call him a racist.

Secretariat
08-30-2005, 08:35 PM
This may upset you (Flame). But I honestly feel the current administration is leading us down a slippery slope of self destruction and I will continue to post notes and threads pointing out their errors.

Well said...btw...the red block doesn't mean a red state residence does it?

Tom
08-30-2005, 10:07 PM
keep posting. I like your threads. Very thoughtful. Don't worry about the ignore list . . . its for da kids.

No, it is actually to hide those few who post garbage, dull party-line drivel, or are just plain idiots. I have only a few on my list - those that I decided had never, at any time, offered single worthwhile post or thought. Life is better off without them.
(Notice YOU are not on it, since I read YOUR post.)
I even took one guy off it recently.
But three have earned a permenant place - but they shall remain nameless.:rolleyes: