PDA

View Full Version : DRF help needed

46zilzal
08-27-2005, 04:55 PM
I have not purchased a FORM in awhile and was discussing with another patron how information relevant to racing is NOT included such as WHY and WHEN a horse was scratched and from WHAT race, as well as mares that are in foal.

A lady selling DRF's at the OTB swore up and down that the "in foal" information is listed in the past performances but I have never seen it. Anyone else know the answer?

Tom
08-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Can't say I ever saw it or even heard it discussed until today. I would guess that would be handy info to have!

Maybe it gets mentioned in A Closer Look?

Skanoochies
08-27-2005, 06:42 PM
What scratches are you referring to? Scratches from previous races are in most every DRF I buy. For instance in tomorrows card(Sun.) I have a form that includes Sar. Arl. F. Erie and Woodbine and the scratches are in for all four tracks. Sar. page 2, Arl. page 2, and so on. Are you referring to something else? :confused: :confused: :confused:

46zilzal
08-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Meant ALL scratches that a horse had AMONGST the race listed in the past performancesnd why.If there were a bunch of VET scratches in there it would send up a red flag. Let's say it ran 4/15 and was scracthed 5/3 5/8 and 5/11 and what level did the trainer put it in? Would go along way to see the trainer's management of the animal as well.

The Hawk
08-27-2005, 09:41 PM
That's in the DRF, under "Scratch Board".

BetHorses!
08-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I
A lady selling DRF's at the OTB swore up and down that the "in foal" information is listed in the past performances but I have never seen it. Anyone else know the answer?

She probably got confused with "month of foaling" which is listed.

Macdiarmadillo
08-28-2005, 02:08 AM
I remember seeing "in foal" info when there used to be a comment/trouble line with the PP line. It's announced, it's in programs, it's been included in the DRF sidebar commentary otherwise. A pregnant mare running is soooo rare, is it really useful to know? The good ones seem to do as well as ever IMO. Maybe if we see dual pace figs from cj for a mare, that will be the tipoff.

Tom
08-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Years ago, at Finger Lakes, we had a unique combo - horse and ride were both pregnant (it was a female rider!)

This was in the 70's - and I can't remember the jockey.

Dave Schwartz
08-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Mac,

A pregnant mare running is soooo rare, is it really useful to know?

Only if she's been ordered to "take it easy." <G>

Dave

Tom
08-28-2005, 06:32 PM
If she drops a foal during the race, will it become the "1a" or will it run for purse money only????