PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Wagering

Crosley
08-26-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm very experienced with PCs but not at all with programming. I want to try and automate my data downloads, I use Equism for this now, then start my regular windows based programs, create selections and automatically place wagers through Pinnacle.

I've searched PA and and read that Automate doesn't quite cut it and members use other S/W to accomplish this or similar tasks.

Can someone provide advise, point me in the right direction, what S/W shoud I get, programming language should I learn, etc.

Been away for quite awhile, board looks good.

One last thing, I heard about Cherrypicker, couldn't find the review on the board though.

Bulldogge
08-26-2005, 02:27 PM
ATR Pro might work - http://www.homebased2.com/atr/at_the_races.htm

Crosley
08-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks.... I looked at ATR and read Dick's review. It looks like something I'll take a closer look at someday but I don't believe it has the ability to automate what I'm trying to do.

Thanks again.....

I've been around horse forums and if there is an answer it will come from here.

Hosshead
08-26-2005, 07:38 PM
I think Dick's review was made some time ago, ATR Pro has changed considerably since then. If you use Pinnacle, you can make a variety of automated bets.

midnight
08-27-2005, 04:17 AM
You definitely can make automated bets with ATR through Pinnacle.

Bulldogge
08-27-2005, 08:14 AM
ATR to Pinny "auto" features

ATR Conditional Wagering - put in the MTP and the odds and if the tote board reads above that at your specified MTP it will fire in the wager to Pinnacle.

ATR Wake-up - ATR will start up (your computer has to be on of course) and fire in your days wagers to Pinnacle at a time of your chosing. Even though Pinny opens at 5 am this feature will not work until around 11 am when the tote feed starts however you can easily set up your wagers in a csv file and let ATR do the work of entering them.

Dutch/Hedge - Pick your Dutch/Hedge wagers from the live tote feed and when you are ready to submit them you can automatically grab all the Dutch/Hedge wagers and submit them to Pinnacle.

There may be more but these are the three that I have used successfully.

Crosley
08-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks again...

I'll download ATR and see what it can do for me, in the meantime I found Jmacro, a keystroke generator that I'm trying to automate my data downloads from TSN through Equism, so far so good... not 100% consistant yet though.

Anyone know of any better keystroke generators?

Crosley
09-06-2005, 07:13 PM
I downloaded ATR Pro and I will purchase it in the next day or so regardless of whether or not it will help with my automation project. I do have 2 questions though.....

Retrieval of data from the R List (Racing Channel) is recommended but a Phone Bet or One Click account is required. The S list would be the second choice, only missing current win, place, show pool data.

Not knowing much about how ATR works yet, how much overall functionality is lost by using the S List without win, place, show pool data? May have to use it if my below information is wrong.

I live in NJ and tried opening a Phone Bet account several years ago but found that NJ residents did not qualify. I called Phone Bet today to see if things changed now that NJ has online wagering. I was told I could open an account but could not bet from NJ. I could call my bets in whenever I was out of state..... That's what they said.

I said what if I open the account and don't call in for a year or more, they said it didn't matter. Can this be correct? I'd have the use of their tote data through ATR without ever wagering. Am I missing something here?

OK, 1 more.... Where can I find info on the One Click account, couldn't find anything on Google.

Thanks
Bill

trying2win
09-08-2005, 01:08 AM
OK, 1 more.... Where can I find info on the One Click account, couldn't find anything on Google.

Thanks
Bill

Bill:

Try this link:

http://www.oneclickbetting.com/

T2W

midnight
09-08-2005, 12:58 PM
The "S" (Supertote) info is often slow, sometimes stalls, occasionally has incomplete or unavailable information, and cen be inaccurate. You really do want Philadelphia Park/Oneclickbetting's data ("R" option). I've found Philadelphia Park to be faster and more reliable than Oneclickbetting, but both are superior to Supertote. You can open a Philadelphia Park account from almost anywhere in the United States. They probably won't care if you don't make any bets through them, but it wouldn't hurt to throw them a hundred or two a month worth of bets just to keep them happy.

Crosley
09-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm all set, New Jersey residents cannot establish an account with Oneclick so I started one in Philadelphia Park, no wagering usless you call from out of state. Their betting lines are blocked for calls originating in NJ, even cell phones.

I also tried to find information about NJ's new OTB which I was under the impression was already underway, I read somewhere accounts could be opened. I found this link http://www.njotb.com/, which if is real just strengthens my point about NJ being a real backward state sometimes.

If you click to register, you are taken to a site to register a domain. You click their links button and it refreshes their home page.

Bill

shrink 1
09-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Crosley,

I also live in N.J. and have gone through the same frustration that you are going through. I ahve the info for opening a N.J. account. You have to go in person to either Monmouth Park or the Meadowlands and open the account there. The Internet website will only give you the necessary paperwork to fill out. I have an off shore account but I am not real happy with it. You're right N.J. is way behind the times, and do not cater to the bettors. Good luck.

Shrink1

trying2win
09-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Crosley,

I have an off shore account but I am not real happy with it.
Shrink1

Shrink,

It pays to shop around to see what the different offshore racebooks offer.

--Some have better sign-up bonuses than others.

--Some have better rebates on straight and/or exotic wagers than others.

--Some don't have any rebates at all.

--Some just give a rebate on your losses over a certain period of time.

--Some have higher limits on exotic bet payoffs than others.

--Some have a better selection of thoroughbred and/or harness tracks than others.

--Some take bets on minor thoroghbred tracks in Canada.

--Some even take bets on greyhound tracks.

--Some have very few service charges if any, on deposits and withdrawals.

--Some have too many service charges on deposits and withdrawals.

T2W

Buckeye
09-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Crosley,

I also live in N.J. and have gone through the same frustration that you are going through. I ahve the info for opening a N.J. account. You have to go in person to either Monmouth Park or the Meadowlands and open the account there. The Internet website will only give you the necessary paperwork to fill out. I have an off shore account but I am not real happy with it. You're right N.J. is way behind the times, and do not cater to the bettors. Good luck.

Shrink1
True, but if you fill the paperwork out and send it in, they will respond. I did it all by mail. Free video is excellent. Being a NJ resident, opening an account with them was the ONLY way for me to gain remote access to full exotic payoffs.