PDA

View Full Version : Toga update

Trijack
08-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Storm Cadet met BillW, Suff and I at the Albany airport. Suff arrived by cab to hitch a ride to our MANSION. What an upgrade from the cabins on the Hudson River. All the comforts of home.

On Tuesday At Toga we had 16 board members & friends at the tables with us.

Suff, Trijack, BillW, Storm Cadet, SamIam, and friend Wink,Red Knave, CJ, his Dad and brother Justin, Budda, Andicap, Maxspa, Mailman,Cryptic, Jingles and BobbyB.

We had a great day but no one won any big money.

Wednesday 20 board members & friends
Additional members & friends today, Bubbles & Silver Sow, Joe Prunes & wife, Tom, Zafonic, The Little Guy and Roger Steiner who said he was a lurker I believe. Today we had a few guys that came out on the + side.

We have cable for broadband and Budda & BillW went shopping for a router around 2: AM THIS MORING and now we are all set for wirless for everyone.
No Kinko"s for us this year.

Jack

Full steam ahead for Friday.

Jack

Storm Cadet
08-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Suff and Bill Turner (Seattle Slews trainer)

JustRalph
08-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Wednesday 20 board members & friends
Additional members & friends today, Bubbles & Silver Sow, Joe Prunes & wife, Tom, Zafonic, The Little Guy and Roger Steiner who said he was a lurker I believe.Jack

You don't mean the Calif. trainer "Roger Stein" do you? oh man...........

mhrussell
08-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Hope you guys have a great time! Wish I could have made it this year but I knew (months ago) that the pesky day-job would have me in late Aug. once again (spacecraft thermal vac testing..<you don't want to know>).

The rest of us in PA cyberspace will be cheering you guys on...
I may even just 'pass' Saratoga this weekend..knowing I would be fighting all that concentrated PA handicapping-brain power!

Good luck and try to leave some of the pool $ for the rest of us, OK? :D

BillW
08-25-2005, 09:25 PM
You don't mean the Calif. trainer "Roger Stein" do you? oh man...........

No - http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=971 I believe ??? I apologize to both Rogers if I'm wrong.

Bill

Suff
08-25-2005, 09:51 PM
what a country, america

Suff
08-25-2005, 09:56 PM
[
usuck

if you don't love this country

IRISHLADSTABLE
08-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Jack,
Thanks for keeping all of us informed on the coming and goings up at the Spa. I know you are all having a Great time . Hope you guys are making money . Ive been sending Bill W my selections from my site .
Hope you guys played some of my selections and made money .

Jimmy

Bubbles
08-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Well, I'm not sure what was more interesting: This PA gathering, or the fact that over the last two days I've showed just over a 65% profit (Invested $38, came home up a total of $24.75, a $62.75 total. Not bad for a relatively-youthful sort like myself. :D), LOL. A ton of people are there, and they definitely know their stuff (cj's life lesson of "DON'T BET THE CHALK!!" and play-punching me when I did didn't go unnoticed, lol).

Let me say this about Suff, the MC: The guy's as hard-swinging a horseplayer as you'll ever see. $80 exactas, cold. $50 doubles. A lot of stuff. This guy's never met a $1 trifecta he didn't hate with a passion. He's legit, what you see on the tickets is what you get with him. If this is your cup of tea, he's the guy to talk to.

BillW
08-26-2005, 08:49 PM
No - http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=971 I believe ??? I apologize to both Rogers if I'm wrong.

Bill

I was wrong! - ignore me :blush:

Trijack
08-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Friday at Toga

23 in attendance today.

The usual except JOHN AND CHARLIE SHOWED UP TODAY AND Zafonic brought 4 of his friends and Roger Steiner's handle on the board is Pepper, I was wrong in thinking he was a lurker. He says he doesn't post to often. Most every one had a winning day. Some great handicappiers in our group.

Everyone asking for CJ's numbers. What a guy!

Storm Cadet took us to the back stretch this morning and we got some great pictures.

We had a catered dinner at our place tonight. Great eating.

Big day tomorrow. TRAVERS DAY

Jack

Tom
08-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Word to the wise....I tried to get a table on the porch to suprise weveryone there, but couldn't get one. I even offered the guy $150 and still no table! :lol:

Trijack
08-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Satrurday 21 bodies almost as good as yesterday
new additions were
PA
Saratoga Guy
Baren1 and his wife Barbara
Observer
Zafonic 3 friends are Scott, Jeff and Howard

Most of us came out ahead again today. Seems like about everyone is using CJ's program and me still with Always Professional. I might be forced to switch if they keep this up. LOL

Justin hit a pick 3 for 1102.00. He has the record for the biggest payoff I believe. 3 cheers for Justin. Rah, Rah, Rah.

Jack

Tom
08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Drat - I missed PA again, and Observer to boot.

Next year, guys......

BillW
08-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Drat - I missed PA again, and Observer to boot.

Next year, guys......

Hint -> TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF (FIGURATIVELY OF COURSE ;) ) AND STAY AWHILE!!!!!!!!

Mike at A+
08-28-2005, 06:10 PM
We're coming up Friday night. Will be at the track on Sunday. Are you all still in Tent City?

Tom
08-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Hint -> TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF (FIGURATIVELY OF COURSE ;) ) AND STAY AWHILE!!!!!!!!

OK!

BillW
08-28-2005, 11:59 PM
We're coming up Friday night. Will be at the track on Sunday. Are you all still in Tent City?

Jack and I will be there thru Sat. in the tent. Sunday is a travel day for us.

Bill