PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar contest Thursday 8/25

cnollfan
08-24-2005, 09:55 PM
http://www.dmtc.com/frame.php?c=contest&f=/racinginfo/pp/bris/050825.pdf

cakes
08-25-2005, 08:42 AM
I like Presumption. My father always says if you see a horse who is constantly being claimed he can't be that bad. And besides I like it that Nakatani is sticking.
Besides the contest I am boxing an exacta 3,7,8,9.

Tor Ekman
08-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Presumption to overtake Hot Message down the stretch. Presumption to win.

toetoe
08-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Delivering Speed. In case of scratch: Chaos N Confusion.

Waki American has had two good setups, and has been unable to win, even for JCan. Now he gets OBer. Also, who's Glen Stute? Not Gary, Glen. Anyway, Hot Message ran a big one, but this time he won't clear CNC, so I predict a 'bounce.'

how cliche
08-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I've made a decision about the remainder of the contest.

With me being so close to the leader & with less than 2 weeks to go, I think it would be in my best interest to cease and desist from posting my selections & analysis on this forum until the contest is over. My apologies for that. I want to win. There must be no chance for lurkers and players close to me in the standings to steal my picks. I hope you understand. Please continue to post your horses and your analysis. Raise the bar and be the standard setter for horseracing forums. Keep up the good work.

Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

Yours truly,

-How Cliche

6th place, plan9, 24 wagers, +$4890.00

cnollfan
08-25-2005, 02:24 PM
How Cliche,

Since a friend of mine has offered me $100/month to NOT send him my picks (hasn't paid, however), I'll continue to post unless I crack the top ten!

I like Rushing Wild. Race may set up for a closer and the trainer has a positive route-to-sprint ROI.

chrisg
08-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, when I saw Cakes had posted first & her(correct?) pick was the same as my initial one, I realized the Contest was on & the misinformation was out there :lol: :D

How Cliche, if you want victory, encourage others to play my selections :D

31=2-6-5

:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

I figure plenty of speed
- the outside two are up against it
- don't like BS here
- Waki American may get there but may encounter traffic this time
- Rushing Wild I'd try @ 7f not 6
- don't like the 1
- the 3 gets a good post but no work since the claim [maybe that's a sign to play him?]

So I'm left w/a 6yo making his 2nd start off a 2year layoff :ThmbUp: :lol:
Last he ran hard wide from the 12 hole & faded...moving in today I give him a shot = Chaos N Confusion

Tor Ekman
08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
2-Master Perfect-------$19.00-----$10.20-----$4.80
10-Waki American-------------------$6.00-----$4.00
3-Really Suspect------------------------------$3.60

Okay, I know I'm kinda new to this, but could someone help me out as to how anyone could have landed on the 2-horse? Other than the jock, there seemed nothing to recommend him. For me he was my first toss out - I'm clueless and confounded. :bang:

toetoe
08-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Carava is good off the claim, so he might be a throw-in on a pick-six ticket, but it was a stretch. Maybe the race will 'figure out' very slow.