PDA

View Full Version : Foggy's bar shoe

Ron
08-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Does wearing a bar shoe during training for a quarter crack make the invincible Lost in the Fog vulnerable?? Or can we still single him on Saturday? ;)

kenwoodallpromos
08-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Gilchrist sounded like he did not want to change shoes for the work. I would never classify an unbeaten stakes horse as vulnerable unless there was something very weird on raceday. I always say that kind of record you have to prove he can be beat so bet on him or do not bet the race.
I bet $4 against him at GGF but my wife loves longshots, we already got 2 free t-shirts, and he set a track record so I got my $4 worth!LOL!
After the first defeat he is vulnerable.
But, Skipaway was not nearly as good with an active quarter crack. I would suggest searching Google for info on the subject. There could even be a difference between sprinters and others.
I think if LITF was hurting enough so other horses could tell and be more aggressive the connections would not run him.
BTW, CHRB just banned the use of toe grabs.

LARRY GEORGE
08-22-2005, 10:41 PM
TIME WILL ALWAYS RUN OUT ON A RACEHORSE JUST LIKE LAVA MAN AT
DEL MAR YOU WILL ALWAYS BE GETTING A PRICE ON THE OTHER ONES :p

Perilous
08-23-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm assuming they will take the bar shoe off to race, horses don't run well in them, bad traction. I think it could effect his performance, though they probably will be helping him out alot(freezing it). If they were worried about taking the bar shoe off during the work, I'm guessing after the race his quarter crack won't get any better, you can bet they are doing some serious work on him! He's a great horse, I wouldn't put it past him to overcome this problem atleast for this race.
Alot of horses run with them and do alright. If it was going to really bother him, I doubt they would have worked him, though that made me cringe working in the slop with a bar shoe!

Figman
08-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Saturday a.m. (Traver's Day) LOST IN THE FOG got a brand new set of shoes and NO bar shoe anywhere. Trainer Greg Gilchrist reports on Capital OTB's live television interview from Saratoga's backstretch on Down the Stretch that an infection was detected after his last race and it was treated and patched. Then a bar shoe for added protection was added. For today all is cleared up and he is 100%. It is also reported that this fine horse will race at least through age 5.