PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Bus leaves in the Morning. Its GO TIME!

Suff
08-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Cj's in baltimore... Jack and Bill getting on Plane In the Morning. I will be leaving in the Morning. The 3rd annual Pace advanatge Getaway is finally here. If your in Saratoga , Keep your eye out for our Bus! PA is rolling into town in style! Somebody get out and move that barrel so I can pull out!

Bobby
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
You guys have fun!

BillW
08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Who in hell left that Sackatoga bus into our lot? :eek: :lol:

Storm Cadet
08-22-2005, 07:25 PM
SUFF

Will you be in SAR Tuesday night?

I'm picking up TRI/BILLW in Albany at 6 PM...should be in SAR by 7.

Wed AM I'll pick up CJ and the rest of his party and get them back to the track by post time!

Bring the orange gatorade wheely ice chest from last year if you still have it... :eek:

Trijack
08-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Departure time is here. Will be leaving for Saratoga at 6:45 in the morning. Arriving in Albany at 5:13 PM. A great big THANKS to Storm Cadet for picking up BillW and I. He did the same thing last year. For you guys that have never been to one of our getaways you are missing out on meeting some good people. What a great bunch of guys to play the races together with, eat lots of food with soft drinks and beer mostly from 5 Corners Deli.

Looking forward to seeing all again this year and any new ones. See you there.

Jack

Suff
08-22-2005, 08:21 PM
SUFF

Will you be in SAR Tuesday night?

I'm picking up TRI/BILLW in Albany at 6 PM...should be in SAR by 7.

Wed AM I'll pick up CJ and the rest of his party and get them back to the track by post time!

Bring the orange gatorade wheely ice chest from last year if you still have it... :eek:

yes... I have a stop at 9:30 am tommorrow morning. When that ends.. I'm off. I may get there at 5 , 6 , 7, 8 , 9? I'm thinking I will be there at 6 or 7. I'll be sitting at the Kitchen table when you guys get to the house. I was thinking we'd go out to a late dinner and drinks?

I have everyones cell phone... If I am tied up past 8... I'll call you and you guys can go on ahead with out me and I'll see you when I see you.

Suff
08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
SUFF

I don't have that. Sorry.... You asked me that 3 months ago and I explained where it is.

John
08-22-2005, 09:53 PM
The King arrives tomorrow.perk up your ears and listen to the King play the flute.Listen and follow. I expect the knights of the round table to be in place for Friday when I get there for the week-end festivities. I can hardly waite..... ;)

andicap
08-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Trying to leave by 7:30 a.m...to be in town by 10:30 a.m.

I made it in 2:20 the other day from Westchester County -- but don't tell the New York State troopers :D :D Clocked at about 175 miles...you do the math.

Making a pitch from one of my clients for a press pass, but not counting on it.

Anyone coming from downstate I would recommend going on route 684 north in Westchester County to 84 West to the Taconic and avoid the NY State Thruway. I've found it faster and no truks on the Taconic. Get 684 from the Hutch northbound.

Take the Hutch north to 684 from Queens or the FDR Drive to Third Ave/Willis Ave. bridge to the Deegan (87) and get off at the Cross ounty Parkway exit (eastbound)..slip to the right and get on the Hutch. BEAR LEFT on the Hutch -- at the fork...you want to go north not south toward Pelham/NYC

If you're coming up the West Side...take the Henry Hudson to the Saw Mill to the Cross County east bound and the Hutch. Remember to bear left at the fork

Buddha
08-23-2005, 12:59 PM
I shuold be there by first or second race tomorrow. I am leaving around 4 or 5 in the AM, and should be there in about 8 hours or so.

Red Knave
08-23-2005, 06:17 PM
I was thinking we'd go out to a late dinner and drinks?

Sounds perfect.

I'll try to leave about 6:00AM which should put me at the track by 1:00PM.
I wouldn't want to miss that first Hurdle ! :D :liar:

Save us a seat and an AC outlet.

I'm just giddy right now thinking about it! (Is that too much information? :confused: ;) )

Look out Saratoga Springs!

Tom
08-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Leaving 6am Thursday - want to get in a bowl of chowder befreo the first.

Anyone needs a ride up from Albany area - PM or email me - I can handle two or three.

Red Knave
08-23-2005, 07:36 PM
want to get in a bowl of chowder befreo the first.

Tom, I'll buy. With hot sauce!

Trijack
08-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Four of us have arrived about 7 PM last night at our MANSION. Suff came through again and still King Of Saratoga We have got a great place to stay. Storm Cadet met BillW and I at the airport. Also Suff who came by the airport to meet us. BillW treated us to dinner.

We have cable connection for the net. What a upgrade from last year when we had to go by Kinko's every morning.

Life is good

Jack

Bubbles
08-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Guys, I'm heading up tomorrow. Do me a favor and leave me a Pick 6 carryover. ;)

John
08-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Jack, Bill and the rest. WELCOME BACK GUYS. see you all on Friday.

TRIJACK, I'm your partner at the Harness Track poker machine,For you it is easy money.

Have fun!!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

Bubbles
08-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Just a bit of recommendation news for restaurants in case of huge crowds/waits: If you guys ever need a place to eat dinner for the sake of a different restaurant every night and/or avoiding big crowds in Saratoga, I know a place down in Cohoes, maybe twenty, twenty-five minutes south of the track. Place is called Spiak's, I know BillW, Trijack, stuball, and andicap went there last year. It has all sorts of stuff, pizza, pasta, some steak, good deal of depth to the menu (although their pizza's what they're famous for). Here are directions: Take I-87 (the Northway) to exit 7, and take route 7 (the road you immediately get on after exiting the Interstate) to 787 north. Take a left at the light, then immediately another left at the next light a few seconds later. Spiak's is on the right maybe a mile down, it's a white building with a good-sized parking lot in front.

Again, just if you need 'em. If you do, glad I could help, if not, I built good karma anyway. I can't lose! :D

John
08-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks Bubbles, Maxspa should be there now and knows Saratoga like the back of his hand. Teacher there for 27 years, loves good food, knows the best places . He is going to pick a few places when I get up there on Friday.

John
08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
GUYS, Watch out if the King gets high on this 11 race Saturday. He has been touting Chekhov for months. my sugestion is to get a felt pen and chekhov.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11th Race - Saratoga - Saturday, August 27th, 2005 Stakes. 1 1/4 Mile Dirt. Purse $1,000,000. Travers S. (Grade 1). FOR THREE YEAR OLDS. By subscription of $1,000 each, which should accompany the nomination; $5,000 to pass the entry box, $5,000 to start. The purse to be divided 60% to the winner, 20% to second, 10% to third, 5% to fourth, 3% to fifth and 2% divided equally among remaining finishers. 126 lbs. Trophies will be presented to the winning owner, trainer and jockey. Closed Saturday, August 13, 2005 with 16 Nominations. (06:30 PM) (7)
PP Horse A/S M/E Wgt Jockey Trainer
1 Bellamy Road 3 C L 126 Castellano Javier Zito Nicholas P.
2 Andromeda's Hero 3 C L b 126 Nakatani Corey S. Zito Nicholas P.
3 Chekhov 3 C 126 Stevens Gary L. Biancone Patrick L.
4 Roman Ruler 3 C L 126 Bailey Jerry D. Baffert Bob
5 Don't Get Mad 3 C 126 Prado Edgar S. Ellis Ronald W.
6 Reverberate 3 C L 126 Santos Jose A. Russo Sal
7 Flower Alley 3 C L 126 Velazquez John R. Pletcher Todd A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PurplePower
08-25-2005, 05:30 AM
With my new appointment as Executive Director of The Elite Program, Inc. (Horsemen's Education for the Racing Industry) I will not be making it to the Spa. This morning I will be in planning meeting with Chris McCarron for his North American Racing Academy and then tomorrow at a NARA board meeting at Keeneland. I'm wearing my purple Saratoga Getaway 2003 t-shirt as I type this . Good wagering guys!!

Buddha
08-25-2005, 06:09 AM
It's too bad that you won't be able to make it up Reid. You would have made a nice addition to the PA gang this year.

BillW
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry to hear that you can't make it, Reid. Best of luck in the new position and I hope to see you next year. Good luck with the meeting today.

Bill

gregrph
08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey Guys,
Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun! I'm new to this board but not Saratoga.
This is only the 2nd or 3d time I've missed the meet in 30 years. Wish I was there now! Grew up in Schenectady but now live in FL. The kids school started 8/8 this year! Couldn't even get up for the opening week. (Wife said it would be too much getting back just before school started). I love Saratoga. All the worries of the world disapear for the afternoon once I enter the grounds. Maybe someday I'll get up again for Travers week and say hello to you guys. I've learned a lot just by reading the message board.
Good Luck!
Greg

PaceAdvantage
08-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Well, that sucks....but congrats Reid!

Bubbles
08-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Well, for those headed up to the Toga Party today, you get the best and worst of the Spa. Two G1 stakes races, but also two of those logic-bypassing 5 1/2-furlong turf sprints that serve zero purpose in NY. It'll be a blast, just warning all handicappers that there's only a maximum of 8 bettable races on the card! ;)