PDA

View Full Version : Antics at Delaware

midnight
08-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Race 2, as the horses loaded, #6 (2-1 at the time) unseated the jockey and got loose as the horses load, running around for a few minutes, not far. It was cornered and sent back to the gate. It wasn't scratched, but the odds went up to 7-2, so a good bit of money was removed (guessing about $4,000) by the bettors. They try loading again, but #1 (3-1 favorite after #6 is scratched) rears up in the gate, tosses the jockey, and gets loose. It hurt itself slightly, so it's scratched. Load again, and #4 (25-1) unseats the jockey and gets loose. It's brought back quickly and the race finally goes off.

#6 wins anyway, wire to wire, but was tiring in the last 16th, although not any moreso than it did in previous races.

kenwoodallpromos
08-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Race 2, as the horses loaded, #6 (2-1 at the time) unseated the jockey and got loose as the horses load, running around for a few minutes, not far. It was cornered and sent back to the gate. It wasn't scratched, but the odds went up to 7-2, so a good bit of money was removed (guessing about $4,000) by the bettors. They try loading again, but #1 (3-1 favorite after #6 is scratched) rears up in the gate, tosses the jockey, and gets loose. It hurt itself slightly, so it's scratched. Load again, and #4 (25-1) unseats the jockey and gets loose. It's brought back quickly and the race finally goes off.

#6 wins anyway, wire to wire, but was tiring in the last 16th, although not any moreso than it did in previous races.
___
You lost me not knowing if #6 was scratched or not. Try it again.

midnight
08-26-2005, 09:26 PM
I just saw what I wrote. What I meant was that #1 was the favorite after a lot of money was removed from #6. Then #1 got scratched, then #4 got scratched. #6 wasn't scratched, and it ended up wiring the field, overcoming the energy it spent running around for a couple of minutes while it was loose pre-race.