PDA

View Full Version : HRTV

cj
08-22-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm getting my first exposure to HRTV here in Baltimore...WOW, much better than TVG in my opinion.

kev
08-22-2005, 01:22 PM
It would be nice if direct tv had it.

Perilous
08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
I would like it to. But sadly, stuck with TVG-they talk wayyy too much on there and will be really late on races because they are showing some recap for a race, I would think the live races would be first priority.

osophy_junkie
08-22-2005, 05:42 PM
CJ, who do you get HRTV through?

thanks,
Ed

schweitz
08-22-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm getting my first exposure to HRTV here in Baltimore...WOW, much better than TVG in my opinion.

My opinion, too! I don't have to turn the sound off. :D

cj
08-22-2005, 06:22 PM

thanks,
Ed

I'm visiting in Baltimore, my brother gets it as part of his digital cable with Comcast.

BillW
08-22-2005, 06:24 PM
My opinion, too! I don't have to turn the sound off. :D

Wait till you get about 10 minutes of Becky Whitson's (sp.???) screachy voice - the Pricilla of HRTV :)

kingfin66
08-22-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm visiting in Baltimore, my brother gets it as part of his digital cable with Comcast.

Damn, I don't get it through my Comcast package. I don't even care which is better or worse. I just want all the races to be available for viewing. It sounds like HRTV does show a lot more of them though.

Here's something very lame regarding cable companies. My uncle lives in Encinitas, CA, home of Del Mar. He get only about 2-3 hours of TVG per day in his market, and that is on Fox Sports. I keep telling him to go DishNetwork.

schweitz
08-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Wait till you get about 10 minutes of Becky Whitson's (sp.???) screachy voice - the Pricilla of HRTV :)

Ok, ya got me, I turn the sound down on HRTV sometimes too. ;)

Niko
08-22-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm a little ticked myself. I have Comcast and it's not available to me in the Midwest. I'd go Satellite but I can't get DSL where I live (cable but no DSL, figure that one out??) and I don't want to go dial up. Wife spends too much time on the phone and I spend too much time on the horses. It's a good arrangement.

Valuist
08-22-2005, 11:45 PM
It seems hard to believe but watching the Magna owned HRTV, you never get the feeling they have an underlying agenda. Yet watching TVG, I feel like there's subliminal messages in the screen saying "bet SoCal racing", "why show the full race when a stretch run will do" and of course, "wouldn't you rather hear Frank, Matt or Todd drone on instead of that meaningless live race you could be watching? I did laugh recently when Jeff Siegal said on HRTV, "HRTV, where you'll never see just a stretch run". Also, HRTV doesn't seem to have the contemptous view of the audience. They realize there are some hard core fans watching, while TVG is under the impression that horse racing was invented in 1999 when they went on the air.

Buddha
08-23-2005, 01:47 AM
that sucks. i get TVG with our digital cable, unless they added it without my knowing here in my area.

Turfday
08-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Jeff and I have been handicapping partners since 1976, first in Handicapper's Report, then in National Turf. We bought, sold, claimed, raced and syndicated many horses together in the past.

He's extremely knowledgable and is also the vice president of the successful Team Valor racing stable with Barry Irwin.

Be sure to pay attention when he's on as the HRTV analyst.

xfile
08-23-2005, 03:04 AM

thanks,
Ed

Dish Network has both TVG and HRTV. Channels 404 and 405....makes it real easy to flip that remote button back and forth....:cool:

JustRalph
08-23-2005, 06:33 AM
hang on CJ. HRTV can be just as baaaadddd as TVG. Like you I thought HRTV was better when I first got it. But after a while I went back to TVG with the mute on...........HRTV has its bad qualities too.....

delayjf
08-23-2005, 06:33 PM
To All, you might want to check again with your cable company, initially I went to Dishnetwork to get both TVG and HRTV. But in the past 6 months that we've had the service, we've had to return two different recievers and had to go without TV for 2 weeks. My wife raised the BS flag and tried to cut a deal with them for some fee PPV. No Dice, so we went back to Comcast. They gave us the same channels as the Dish Net but for only 46.00 a month for one year. Bye, bye dish.

Anyway check your company again, Comcast added HRTV this past spring in the Orange County area.

Valuist
08-24-2005, 01:44 PM
I pay $36/month for Dish Network and get both TVG and HRTV. If I went to either DirectTV or Comcast, it would be about $60/month and I wouldn't even get HRTV. Only advantage to DirectTV, IMO, is they have exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket.

delayjf
08-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Now that I've cancelled Dishnetwork, I am supposed to mail in the receivers and other equipment. Here's the kicker, they are telling me that I need to disconnect something that's located on the Dish itself. That's about three stories high and they needed a special ladder to install the thing. Or I could just pay them the 169 dollars the price of the piece. Are they liable if I fall??

Pace Cap'n
08-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Now that I've cancelled Dishnetwork, I am supposed to mail in the receivers and other equipment. Here's the kicker, they are telling me that I need to disconnect something that's located on the Dish itself. That's about three stories high and they needed a special ladder to install the thing. Or I could just pay them the 169 dollars the price of the piece. Are they liable if I fall??

Got a shotgun?

JustRalph
08-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Got a shotgun?

:lol::lol::lol:

wildbill232
08-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Can you tell me if the races when shown "live" on TVG or HRTV are actually live or are on a 7 second or some other delay?

Whirlaway
08-25-2005, 02:17 AM
They are a few seconds ahead of the live video you get over the internet. I've never had a bet turned down when betting as they are entering the gates.