PDA

View Full Version : DMR SUN

SAL
08-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Picks for Del Mar Sunday:

R1 #6 Hay Man Dan-Shows some spiffy works since his comeback race last month. I wouldn’t be surprised if those last two were with the blinkers that he’ll be wearing today. Look for him to be closer.

R2 #6 Bilo-Honest runner must have his problems physically, but he seems to fire every time. Gets P Val for this.

R3 #1 Within Reason-Sire making a big splash with FTS in limited starts so far. Shows a blistering 5f gate work on his am tab. Jock has a decent win % with FTS

R4 #6 Imperialism-No stranger to this distance, he won a graded stakes at 7F last year. The pace will be hot here and should set up his late run nicely.

R5 #3 Silver Stage-Gets a barn upgrade with the move into Cerin’s barn. Not convinced he absolutely has to have the lead so I’ll have to hope that Garrett can take him back some. Price should be good.

R6 #7 Arlene-Not liking much in this heat so I’ll take a shot with this longshot. When barn fires with FTS it’s usually at high odds. Dam has dropped a FTS winner.

R7 #5 Loving Cup-Had some decent efforts on the turf before going on the shelf. Looking for an honest effort here.

R8 #4 Lava Man-The “now” horse. Showed a nice turn of foot to run away from them last time. Today’s field doesn’t look any tougher. I’ll take 3/2 or higher on him.

R9 #2 Simply Because-Simply because no one can run with her early. Shouldn’t be caught today.

R10 #1 Primerica-Has fired fresh in the past. Has won at the distance and has run well on the turf. P Val has won with him before.