PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here buying the new Rolling Stones album?

Secretariat
08-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Apparently a new song by Jagger called Sweet Neo-Con on it. Some of the lyrics in this link.

http://www.nme.com/news/113295.htm

GameTheory
08-21-2005, 02:57 AM
Apparently a new song by Jagger called Sweet Neo-Con on it. Some of the lyrics in this link.

http://www.nme.com/news/113295.htmWhat a waste of talent -- their last worthwhile album was in the early 70's. Up until then they were brilliant, then they follow it up with *30 years* of crap. Quite amazing in a way...

ElKabong
08-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Maybe they can sing "Sweet Hypocrite" instead.

NPR and a local (conservative) station did a long story on how The Stones recently leased 'Start Me Up' to Ameriquest, at a handsome price for Mick and the Stones. Ameriquest is apparently the bottom feeder of Prediatory Lenders in the U.S. (lot of examples were given--Ameriquest isn't a reputable corp). Yet, Mick and the boys sold out for Ameriquest's bucks.

Maybe "Sweet Fraud" is more appropriate?

lsbets
08-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Hey Sec, here's an album for you to buy:

http://www.lukestricklin.com/

Here's some lyrics:

You want to talk about it, you better keep it short
cause I got a lot of lost time I gotta make up for.
Really don't care why Bush went in to Iraq
I know what I done there and I'm damn sure proud of that.
You got somethin' bad to say about the USA
you better save it for different ears 'less you want to crawl away.
And I laugh in your face when you say you've got it bad
until you've spent some time on the streets of Baghdad

Well when you've seen what I've seen
things don't seem so bad
quit worrying 'bout what you aint got, thank God for what you have
'Cause you could be raising your family in this place
but you were born in America, By God's Amazing Grace!!!!

JustRalph
08-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Mick and the other Grand Dads haven't been worth a damn since "some girls" in 78..........and now they want to be political spokesman. After what they did at Altamonte Speedway in 69 they should just now be coming up for parole...........

cosmicway
08-21-2005, 12:08 PM
We went to Panathinaikos sports arena to listen to the Stones.
16 April 1967 - 5 days before the coup d' etat.
Nothing political with the Stones those days but lots of police outside the stadium. They were saying "we are going to deal with you in a few days ...", openly to the spectators !
Many of my friends belonged to the right wing "Karamanlis youth" as well, and they said "this system is going mad ...".

A few days before the recital there was a Scottish school inspector in my school (whence did he spring out ?).
He said any of you who bought tickets for the Stones are commiting a sin and you must repent now !

The Stones songs were from the "Satisfaction" album and the crowd was an estimated 15,000.
Afterwards we went to the Hilton hotel to see them from close quarters.
Nick Mastorakis the omni-present Greek enterpreneur was also there but he looked obviously nervous and left the hotel in a hurry.

Tom
08-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Ralph, the Stomes killed th 60's with altamont. Then they went on to such great live shows as the Grumpy Old Men Tour, then The Ensure Tour. I heard Eric Burdon has rewritten one his songs for Mic's new tour - "Gonna Send You Back Your Walker." :D

cosmicway
08-21-2005, 04:52 PM
at their age they could be useful as a barber song quartet.
it's like me going to boy scouts again !

superfecta
08-23-2005, 12:10 AM
The Stones are still around?Further proof there is no justice in this world. :D