PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sufff.....here's one for you

Tom
08-20-2005, 11:38 AM
.....like you haven't seen it already! :D

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/horse_racing/articles/2005/08/20/back_in_the_saddle/

cj
08-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Suffolk also had this bit of news recently, very nice!

Jockey Frank Amonte's milestone win at age 69 on August 10 was featured in ESPN SportsCenter's daily Top 10 last Friday and on ESPN2's Wire 2 Wire on Tuesday afternoon. Amonte's feat is also noted in Sports Illustrated's 'Scorecard' section this week.

Suff
08-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I know sipp. I find him an interesting guy. Maybe I'll come back with an interesting story again... but I'll tell you this one now.

I'm sitting with him talking about animals in general... he owns a few Giraffes..and he was tellling me how Giraffes Like to die.

I'm like "huh"? So he starts in on how they have no natural predators in wild. (they can kill a lion with a kick). How they do not dominate the African Landscape because they always get themsleves tied up in trees , holes and what not... and ultimately without thier legs... they die. Plus he tells me they have skin that is almost two inch's thick and you cannot treat them intravenously for anything. You can't get a needle into them.

Conversation turns to cows.. and he says to me.... "I once opened up a cow and took out his intestines and tried to put them back in" I asked why.
"just to see if I could do it"! so he starts in on all the details of how he cut him open and how spread out the intestines were..and the blood..and how he was trying to stuff them back in the way they came out...

Thats a bizarre story right? Well, he told me this over dinner. He and I are stuffing our faces with food in the restuarant of the Racino at Delta Downs in Lousiannia and he's talking about stuffing intestines into animals. Like he was taking a sunday walk.

Strange but interesting guy.

freeneasy
08-20-2005, 02:37 PM
to funny :D