PDA

View Full Version : when the shoe is on the other foot

46zilzal
08-18-2005, 08:17 PM
My how things QUICKLY have a different perspective

Quotes from when Clinton committed troops to Bosnia:

"You can support the troops but not the president."
--Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."
--Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"
--Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99

"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."
--Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy."
--Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

toetoe
08-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Good points. Why WERE we in Bosnia, anyway, I mean besides the deals Ron Brown was working?

lsbets
08-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Ummmm, were those quotes from Bosnia or Kosovo?

P.S. - I spent 7 months in Bosnia, beautiful country and great people. I want to take my kids there one day to see what happenned. The mission was one of the most worthwhile things I have ever done.

But, when we went in in 1996, they did say we'd be home by X-Mas. No one knew they meant X-Mas 2004!

toetoe
08-18-2005, 10:42 PM
D'Oh! I flipped a coin. I knew it was one (or both) of them.

PaceAdvantage
08-19-2005, 02:14 AM
Didn't somebody just post those quotes in another thread? What happened, not enough reaction? Had to post them again?

And why did it take you guys so long to dig those quotes up? I would have figured they would have bubbled up to the top of MoveOn's "to-do" list a long time ago....

hcap
08-19-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I posted them on the war president vs the poet thread. In response to Ls who called anti-war protesting "propaganda", and accused the anti-war side of shifting public opinion. According to his theory- to the point- that our troops are less respected.

I responded to his propaganda by posting this list and more.
Nothing wrong posting them again.

lsbets
08-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Hcap - reread my response to you, either you misunderstood it or you don't want to understand it. Neither one would surprise me.