PDA

View Full Version : Alinghi - Watch Out This Is A Serious Horse

EmpowerISV
08-18-2005, 06:02 AM
Frankel currently has an Australian champion 3yo in his stable owned by Coolmore called Alinghi, she is the best sprinter/miler we have seen in Australia in years.

Watch out for her when she makes her debut in The USA. She will take all before her.

Mark my words

Ron
08-18-2005, 08:28 AM
the horse is 4.

racingrev
08-18-2005, 09:44 AM
the horse is 4.

What in the world does that mean :bang:

She is a serious racehorse...... :ThmbUp:

cj
08-18-2005, 10:40 AM
I think it means she is 4 years old, but I'm assuming she was named 3yo champion of Australia. You can't be champion 3yo while you are still 3.

Ron
08-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Is Afleet Alex not a champion 3yo? When he's 4, he'll be a champion 4yo.

The Judge
08-18-2005, 11:01 AM
I'll keep my eye out for this horse. Hey Breeders Cup is coming up.

cj
08-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Is Afleet Alex not a champion 3yo? When he's 4, he'll be a champion 4yo.

No, they don't name the champs til the end of the year.

saratoga guy
08-18-2005, 04:44 PM
"Down Under" the season changes on the half-year. The breeding season is also essentially six months different. Alinghi was born in August. She was named 3YO champ at a ceremony about two weeks ago. By Aussie standards she just turned 4 about a month and a half ago.

toetoe
08-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Silent Witness, beware.

rokitman
08-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Five.

EmpowerISV
08-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Champion Australian filly Alinghi will begin her US career at Saratoga in New York next Monday.

Trainer Bobby Frankel has settled on the Group 3 Ballston Spa Breeders’ Cup Handicap over 1700m on the Saratoga turf track as the best option for the four-time Group[ One winner.

Frankel had been left pondering options foir Alinghi, including a turf race at Woodbine in Canada, after her planned US debut at Saratoga on August 10 was cancelled after the race attracted only three other entries.

Frankel has been thrilled with the way Alinghi has adapted to the local conditions with the filly being one of the best trackworkers at Saratoga over the last three weeks.

Top US jockey Edgar Prado is booked to ride Alinghi.

The race will be run in the early hours of Tuesday morning Australian time with a possibility that it may screened live on either Sky Channel or the TVN network.

Courtesy AAP Racing and Sports

tonto1944
08-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Sad to say Afleet Alex will prob never race again.

toetoe
08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
The filly is a beast; she has Frankel; she has Prado; it's just not fair.

Ron
08-24-2005, 11:17 AM
It will nice to see this horse run. I assume that she'll be 1-5?

Bubbles
08-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Well, I guess she DOES have class. A pretty nice win, despite sitting a pretty darned nice trip nine lengths behind a very swift pace. I'd like to see what she does at longer races, where pacesetters run :51 and change opening halves routinely and force deep closers to play their games. Not saying she doesn't appear to be a very, very nice horse, just saying she still has more to prove after one start in the States.

racingrev
08-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Well, I guess she DOES have class. A pretty nice win, despite sitting a pretty darned nice trip nine lengths behind a very swift pace. I'd like to see what she does at longer races, where pacesetters run :51 and change opening halves routinely and force deep closers to play their games. Not saying she doesn't appear to be a very, very nice horse, just saying she still has more to prove after one start in the States.

She'll improve a lot with that run under her belt...

Seem's they are talking the Atto at Woodbine or a race at Keeneland as possible BC lead ups.... :eek:

toetoe
08-30-2005, 03:21 AM
A speedball, world-class sprinter, 10-for-16, that can rate 9 lengths off a 2-turn turf pace (as predicted by Frankel) is a serious horse. Silent Witness, 'Fog, Commentator, who else can do that, Frankel or no Frankel? He can't rate so far back, but I'm still waiting for Pico Central to daisycut.