PDA

View Full Version : Did I Hear ... ?

toetoe
08-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Griffey went to waivers? The G's can pick him up, win 42 of 49, win the division, and get swept out of the first round of playoffs!

Fwizard
08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
The rumor I heard was that he already had cleared the waiver process--so a trade can be made. The team that has been talked about is the White Sox.

OTM Al
08-21-2005, 12:53 PM
This time of year almost every player is put on waivers. Players on regular waivers can always be pulled back by their team if someone tries to claim them. Often very big priced players will clear waivers because nobody wants the salary. This process is how the Yankees ended up with Jose Canseco a couple years back. They claimed him to try to block the Red Sox from claiming him, but his team at the time surprised the Yankees by letting him go. ESPN has a whole big listing of who did and did not clear waivers out of the better/rumored trade players

Valuist
08-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Fwizard-

I heard the same thing. The Sox are the only team being considered but its still unlikely. They definitely need to add some hitting. They're offense has really hit the skids.