PDA

View Full Version : BELMONT ... TODAY 5/26

Derek2U
05-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Play FrontRunning Speed .... the track was playing FAST & KIND
to speedsters yesterday & it continues. I caught the 1st at
BEL just now with a Wire-2-Wire romp paying $36 ... hehe ...
sometimes it all works out .. Espinosa was aboard

Derek2U
05-26-2002, 03:32 PM
heh ... even the grass course is FAST & Kind to Front Runners.
Particularly the Widener Course.

andicap
05-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Sure wish I had known that before blowing a wad betting against Thunder Chief on Saturday.

I am absolutely convinced that if there's one factor you have to follow every day is track bias. Even if there's a bias only 1 day out of 5 it will still kill you.

Derek2U
05-27-2002, 08:38 AM
Yeah i agree ... both Sat & Sun (25th/26th) BEL was Very
hospitable to speed. And i agree with you 100% but the trouble is .. at least for me .. i'm better at noticing that if i watch the
races (which i do on TV) & start seeing the trend; but its amazing
how the trend continues & still you can get a price. On Sat,
Apealling Danger won a sprint in 1:08.8 wire-2-wire, from near
the rail; it was def the track bias & not the horse.

Tom
05-27-2002, 04:40 PM
Just my opinion.....there is a bias at NYRA track against formful racing. Can't think of any track that has as crappy racing as NY does. Tryo not believe too many racces are fixed, but after one card at NYRA, I want to puke. Belmont is the worst track I 've ever seen-bar none. I'll take $3500 claimers over NYRA anyday.
I'd rather go to work than bet Belmont!

Happy Memorial Day.

Derek2U
05-27-2002, 06:00 PM
really Tom? In my view Belmont's got great racing, but right
now the Speed is King. I made a small amount today; there
were great prices & I played like a kid in a Toy factory.
On Belmont day, give it a go.

cj
05-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Belmont is always one of the most speed favoring tracks in the country according to every profile I have ever seen. I haven't seen anything too severe in my opinion in the last few days, but that's what makes this a great game, we all see things differently. That said, I must admit I am always very skeptical of bias talk. Just look at Breeders' Cup day, many "pros" claim the outside bias was so strong, but few horses who ran on the rail that day have come back to do much of anything.

CJ