PDA

View Full Version : GAZA

Suff
08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm not there, so I don't know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth..... But it appears a lot of Jews are taking it up the ass today in Gaza.

These two groups have a 5000 year history so today is just another day in that. But to my naked eyes.... The Jews are eating some pain, in the name of peace.

btw... The Passion. Anyone notice what group was not represented in the movie? A complete no show. The director seemed to be making the case that they never factored.....

Phillistines.....;)

Secretariat
08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm not there, so I don't know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth..... But it appears a lot of Jews are taking it up the ass today in Gaza.

Yes they are, but it is the Jews doing both the taking and giving there.

Suff
08-17-2005, 05:33 PM
people being ripped from thier homes is a jarring scene.

Again, lots of history, lots of unknowns... it just looks like a tough spot.

lsbets
08-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Thats a tough one - I don't see where Israel has any choice but to disengage and get the hell away from the Palestinians, but when those folks moved to Gaza they were told it was their patriotic and religious duty. And now after enduring all of the terrorist attacks, they are being removed from their homes by the same government that sent them there. I think its what Israel has to do, but I also don't see how this can't be seen as a victory for terrorism.

Tom
08-19-2005, 12:01 AM
So why is it a good thing to "round up" Jews in the name of peace, but we can't "round up" Arabs? It wasn't the Jews walking around with bombs under thier coats. Sharron is a traitor to Israel.

boxcar
08-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Tom wrote:

So why is it a good thing to "round up" Jews in the name of peace, but we can't "round up" Arabs? It wasn't the Jews walking around with bombs under thier coats. Sharron is a traitor to Israel.

It's not a good thing! One of the most idiotic political moves Sharon has ever made. But perhaps there's a silver lining to those clouds over there. If Sharon's strategy in any way backfires, hardliner Netanyahu should be a shoe in next election.

Boxcar

Suff
08-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Thats a tough one - I don't see where Israel has any choice but to disengage and get the hell away from the Palestinians, but when those folks moved to Gaza they were told it was their patriotic and religious duty. And now after enduring all of the terrorist attacks, they are being removed from their homes by the same government that sent them there. I think its what Israel has to do, but I also don't see how this can't be seen as a victory for terrorism.

But its like Netenyahu said on the Hannity Radio Show yesterday morning.

There are 5 million Arabs and only one million jews in Gaza. It's the Arabs that are saying they cannot live with jews. Jews can live in peace with Arabs,,,, its Arabs that will not live with Jews.

The security issues makes it tough for Isreal to allow self rule by Palestinains (in Gaza),,,and that is ultimately why the Jews are forcded into this arrangement. But the core issue is Arabs intolerance of jews.

Too Complicated for me..but I feel for the people forced from thier homes.

lsbets
08-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Is that Suff quoting a guess on the Hannity show!?>!?!?>!? Suff - what are you doing listening to that right wing reactionary? :lol:

I heard the interview too, I was on the way home from picking my kids up. Can't we just put a guy like Netenyahu in charge of an international effort to eradicate terrorism? That guy is one seriously sharp dude, its a shame there aren't more leaders like him in the world.

Suff
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Is that Suff quoting a guess on the Hannity show!?>!?!?>!? Suff - what are you doing listening to that right wing reactionary? :lol:

I heard the interview too, I was on the way home from picking my kids up. Can't we just put a guy like Netenyahu in charge of an international effort to eradicate terrorism? That guy is one seriously sharp dude, its a shame there aren't more leaders like him in the world.

I listen to all. I hear the replay show....10-1:00 am. I usually watch the daily show, 11-11:30...Simpsons 11:30 to midnight... I'f I'm still up... I'll watch a 1/2 hour of Soujth Park.... turn the tube off and throw Hannity on the radio while I drfit off... Up at 6 and back at it.

I developed under Limbaugh and Gingrich.... You don't think I have 1000's of hours listening to these guys. Gingrich's 10point plan I bit on. He was a Fiscal Conservative before he was a social conservatove. I'm a fiscal Conservative. I detest the WTO,IMF and the Fed Reserve. Further I object highly to the UN Budget allocation philosphy. I'mno fan of the UN agenda....But I am a Big multi-lateral fan. Bit of a contrast but... I'mnot running for office.

I disagree with trickle down economics. If you make and extra 1000 this week,you might put a Sun Light in your living room. Murdoch makes an extra 25 milllion he opens a TV station in Chechnyia. Spread that loot around, thats how it gets reguritated into our economy.

boxcar
08-20-2005, 12:01 AM
lsbets wrote:

That guy is one seriously sharp dude, its a shame there aren't more leaders like him in the world.

Yes, he is. Sharp as a tack!

The more I think about it, this Gaza debacle doesn't even have to turn more ugly than it already is. All that's gotta happen (I believe) for Netanyahu to get elected is for the gutless wonders in Europe, the sleazeballs in the UN and for the U.S. to turn a blind eye to the Iranian siituation. Iran is the sworn enemy of Israel, therefore I can't see Israel sitting idly by while Iran builds a nuclear arsenal. I guarantee you that Netanyahu will not let that happen. Israel will do preemptive strikes aqainst Iran just like they did against Iraq. This is the good news. The bad is that that attack could trigger other nations military involvement.

Boxcar

toetoe
08-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Bad ju-ju, fer sure.

Suff, people may not get it , that Philistine derives from Palestine, or vice versa.

Light
08-20-2005, 12:47 AM
So does Falafel and Hummous.

cosmicway
08-20-2005, 03:38 AM
300,000 dollars compensation for every Israeli settler leaving Gaza while the Pals have to toil and trouble.
May or may not be a fair deal but it surely is a peace initiative.
The question is, will it be greeted with consent by the other side ?
Chances appear to be minimal - unfortunately.