PDA

View Full Version : Bad beat

cato
05-26-2002, 11:15 AM
damn...damn...damn...

Yesterday. Hollywood 6th race. Handicapping program sets up as a pressured race and points to Memo to Mike; Forward March, R Meadow Luck and Bettor Royalty would be the strongest horses in that scenario. After a day of betting on longer priced "competitive horses" and getting pummelled., I say, "gee, that R Meadow Luck just doesn't get it with these other horses and at 66-1 I'm gonna throw him out and put in that lovely Hot War--he looks much better."

So I did. And bet exacta combinations and tri combinations with those 4 horse, leaving out R Meadow Luck.

What happens? R Meadow Luck runs his eyeballs out to place. $1 exacta pays $715; $1 trifecta pays $6,071; and the $1 superfecta (6-12-8-all) pays $12,271. The only thing that saved me from ending it all was that I was not betting superfectas, so at least I did not throw that away.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So, on to Sunday....

Take care,

Cato

ranchwest
05-27-2002, 12:07 AM
The good thing about it is that there are hundreds of races every day. Learn and turn the page. :)

dav4463
05-28-2002, 12:12 AM
That's what makes it fun. For an extra $20 I started to put War Emblem on top with Proud Citizen in the Derby, but I ended up just keying Proud Citizen. It cost me a $1 tri of about $9000 ! One of the worst screw ups I can remember is punching the wrong button of a teller machine at Lone Star Park and accidentally cancelling a $6000 superfecta winner ! Oh well, I'll get 'em tomorrow !