View Full Version : Beware the worms

BillW
08-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Here we go again ...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/08/16/computer.worm/index.html

I prefer my worms served with Tequila - apparently this one is ala carte :bang:

Tom
08-16-2005, 10:22 PM
CNN treated this like an invasion by Russia! Yikes! Talk about over-reacting, they had a juggernaut of reporters tonight. It was like the War of the Worlds all over again.

BillW
08-16-2005, 10:26 PM
CNN treated this like an invasion by Russia! Yikes! Talk about over-reacting, they had a juggernaut of reporters tonight. It was like the War of the Worlds all over again.

Yea, the press has to make it worthy of their reporting it. :faint:

Watch out though, rumor is these worms do eat bananas :lol:

DJofSD
08-16-2005, 11:01 PM
While the talking heads might have a tendancy to hype these things especially on a slow news day, they nonetheless are real. To wit: a large number of co workers in my office somehow got blitzed by the thing midafternoon today. (For whatever reason, I was not harmed and was able to obtain the updated to the virus software - whew!)

DJofSD

BillW
08-16-2005, 11:15 PM
While the talking heads might have a tendancy to hype these things especially on a slow news day, they nonetheless are real. To wit: a large number of co workers in my office somehow got blitzed by the thing midafternoon today. (For whatever reason, I was not harmed and was able to obtain the updated to the virus software - whew!)

DJofSD

Yep, agree. While the press handles it in an inaccurate (and sometimes silly) manner, most of the people frwequenting this site are not in a position to even hear about this type of thing. Hopefully by posting this a few can stop it before infection.

Bill