PDA

View Full Version : New BRISBET Fees

andicap
05-25-2002, 09:16 PM
Because BRISbet has completed an arrangment with TVG, it is now charging the same 25 cents per wager that TVG is -- to a max of $20 a month. BRISbet now covers all the tracks and will refund the fees in June if you bet $100 on any one day.
They will also refund the fees if you bet more than $2,500 a month.

So where is there to go now online where I can bet NY? What's Philly Phonebet like? Is there a reliable offshore place that doesn't put an upper limit on payouts?

I still use CT OTB but this is a telephone wager only.

You Bet won't be in business much longer I would wager.

Whitehos
05-25-2002, 09:38 PM
Off shore bookies scare me. I have been using e-Bet out of Philly Park and have been quite satisfied. Good on-line system and phone betting when I am on the road. Ny tracks but not Churchill. No quarter fee yet.

GameTheory
05-25-2002, 09:53 PM
I've been using eHorse (www.betehorse.com) lately -- they cover pretty much every track with a couple of exceptions, and no fees. In fact, they have rebates on all wagers of at least 2%.

You can get your money in AND OUT instantly with PayPal, which I like very much, and although they are off-shore (well, Costa Rica anyway) they are the ones that bailed out the Aces Gold customers, aren't they?

tanda
05-25-2002, 10:06 PM
I am considering going to Philly Park's PhoneBet and make one $2 (actually $2.00 + $0.25 surcharge) wager with BRISBet to get the 20% per month discount. Best of both worlds. Cheaper PPs and no per wager fee.

TVG can stick it up their arse.

Rpd
05-25-2002, 10:15 PM
As far as Philly Phone bet is concerned:

I live just 1 mile from the track and actually worked in their phone bet operation for awhile. It is top notch. They cover all tracks, flats and harness. Both phone, IVR, or online works well. As to customer service all it takes is a phone call to their business office and issues will be resolved. Keep good records of online/IVR transactions. They tape all live phone bets so there is a record of what went on. I've been using them since they began and have never had a problem.

BillW
05-25-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by tanda
I am considering going to Philly Park's PhoneBet and make one $2 (actually $2.00 + $0.25 surcharge) wager with BRISBet to get the 20% per month discount. Best of both worlds. Cheaper PPs and no per wager fee.

TVG can stick it up their arse.

Some marketing people are idiots (If you're a marketing person and insulted by this, please don't be ... I don't mean you :))

"Bet $2 with us and we will give you a 20% discount, then continue betting with us and we will take it all back!"

I guess once all internet betting services sink to the bottom, these people will have an easier time competing (good choices are becoming fewer and fewer)

Bill

Tom
05-25-2002, 11:26 PM
andicap,
YouBet is still taking NY tracks through their Total Access Accounts.
It was still functioning today.