PDA

View Full Version : Dutrow's experiment

Valuist
08-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Golden Man did hit the board in his two back to back stakes last month but one wonders if the after effects are still there. He finished a poor 8th yesterday at Mountaineer, and the only 3 horses he beat all led at one point during yesterday's race. Have to wonder how long this one will be out of form for.

He's back at it today; Holy Panache, the winner of Saturday's finale at the Spa goes in the opener today. Any other trainer and you'd expect a scratch.

depalma13
08-15-2005, 12:29 PM
The horse was scratched.

kenwoodallpromos
08-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Touche' :D !

Valuist
08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Was that supposed to be a rip? :confused: I thought I was on your ignore list.

toetoe
08-15-2005, 02:59 PM
I think he meant 'Voila' or 'Good call.'

kenwoodallpromos
08-15-2005, 11:26 PM
That comment was to say "Good for Dutrow! He did the right thing!"
Valuist, you Were on my ignore list for awhile. A couple of others on it stopped posting.
I was interested in what's up with your horse and looked to see the trainer at about 20% wins, not too bad.

BetHorses!
08-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Even if you have differences with Val how could you put him on your ignore list? The Guy is one of the sharpest and most informative posters here. He pulls Key races out of his ass and his sports picks are not too shabby. He makes another excellent point about Golden Man in the Mountaineer race.

Thanks again Valuist! Your insight is much appreciated here.

Valuist
08-16-2005, 10:08 AM
BH-

Thanks for the props.

Ken-

You are correct about Hugh Robertson. He's a solid trainer and sometimes even pays a price when he wins. But he's getting more well known. Guys like Carruthers and Rich Perloff have been talking about him on TVG so he is getting a reputation

Ron
08-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Golden Man did hit the board in his two back to back stakes last month but one wonders if the after effects are still there. He finished a poor 8th yesterday at Mountaineer, and the only 3 horses he beat all led at one point during yesterday's race. Have to wonder how long this one will be out of form for.

He's back at it today; Holy Panache, the winner of Saturday's finale at the Spa goes in the opener today. Any other trainer and you'd expect a scratch.

Actually Golden Man was run under Juan at one track and a different trainer at the other track, but those are just details. Did Dutrow have any intention of running Holy Panache on both days or did he just double-enter him looking for the best spot? That's what I assumed.