PDA

View Full Version : WXP help.

sligg
05-25-2002, 01:12 AM
Browser: IE 6.0

Is it possible to load Brisbet, Phonebet, Racing.com toteboards so that they all appear on screen in their own window?

JustRalph
05-25-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by sligg
Browser: IE 6.0

Is it possible to load Brisbet, Phonebet, Racing.com toteboards so that they all appear on screen in their own window?

You can do it, but its hell to manage. The Brisbet tote will change addresses sometimes right in the middle of a card. Then you have to re-code your page. Its better to just open three different browser windows with each service in it. Don't even think about it with a dialup (Telephone Connection) but if you have enough computer and ram and a cable modem or DSL connection etc, you can pull it off. Remember to hit the "Alt-Tab" Key combo to switch back and forth faster than with a mouse. Just click the Explorer big E three times and load a different page in each one. Then switch back and forth. You can also use Kiosk mode. Hit F11 after logging into a web page. It gives you more room to work with inside the window. You can hit F11 again to shrink it back to normal. Or the minimize button in upper right hand corner

Larry Hamilton
05-25-2002, 08:51 AM
There may be another way to accomplish it, if you have a site. Make a page with 3 frames--not too difficult--and put what you want in those frames. All the other things that Ralph mentioned apply--it takes horsepower to make it work properly. On my site, I use the frame technique to make 2 frames, one to select the track, the other to show the tote board from that track.

By the way, there are about a gillion places who will give you a site gratis.

It looks like this:

http://www.hambowl.com/framesmulti/center1.html

NOtice that once you have it on screen, you can adjust the separater bar in the middle of the two frames. The main problem with them is if you put a site in one of the frames, and that site has a home button feature, if you hit the home button, it takes you out of the frames...

BillW
05-25-2002, 10:51 AM
Guys,

In my browser, a center mouse click will spawn a seperate instance of the browser. Simply by center mouse clicking on the "odds" fields of the selected tracks on the racingchannel page I can create seperate windows for each track's tote display. Likewise with Brisbet. I have a 56K dial-up which handles it no problem. Memory doesn't seem to be an issue either (seperate instances of the browser simply create an extra data image in memory, with common executable image). Is a Microsoft system really that different?

Bill

Larry Hamilton
05-25-2002, 10:59 AM
apparently, I have re-invented the wheel

Handle
05-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Hey Larry -- you don't really even need a site. Just a file with a little HTML in it to create the frames and point at the tote pages you want. The "site" can be your computer.

-Handle

Originally posted by Larry Hamilton
There may be another way to accomplish it, if you have a site.