PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle site slow on Sat. Aug. 13/05?

trying2win
08-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Am I the only one having difficulty manuevering through the Pinnacle site pages today? Their different pages are slow to load on this Sat. Aug. 13/05. How come? I tried TCBETS.com and I can just whiz through their pages.

T2W

trying2win
08-13-2005, 05:59 PM
A miracle just happened. After an hour of pages moving slowing at the Pinnacle site, no sooner had I posted a message here, when their site is back to normal speed. Very strange.

T2W

joeyspicks
08-13-2005, 06:05 PM
I have been having a hard time ALL day......until now. (Its cost me):bang:

Valuist
08-13-2005, 06:07 PM
You are not crazy. For almost an hour I could not place a bet. I could log onto my account but when I hit "submit" everything just locked up. And I wasn't able to view my "review your account" for longer than that. It does seem better now but I've noticed before big races they seem to have trouble handling all the action. They sometimes run a bit slow on NFL Sundays before gametime but usually not as bad as today.

trying2win
08-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Joey,

Sorry to see you missed out on some good bets. I guess it's a good reminder for all of us to have our plan B ready, when our favorite online betting sites go on the blink. Things like:

1. Have a betting site that has an alternative phone bet plan with no minimums.

or...

2. Have another betting site we can go to that carries our favorite tracks, so we can bet online.

T2W

Valuist
08-14-2005, 02:52 PM
I opened my Pinnacle account around Labor Day last year and had no problems until about a month ago. Today I tried to bet the 8 horse in the 2nd at Arlington with 5 minutes to post when it wouldn't process the bet, saying a connection problem. The connection was fine but I re-logged on and tried to bet it again. I sent the bet and this time the result was "race was closed" when in fact the horses were just approaching the starting gate. I've noticed this "race is closed" more times recently, especially at Ellis. I guess the lesson is never wait until 5 minutes to post to bet with Pinnacle.

DrugSalvastore
08-14-2005, 03:43 PM
I wish I had problems with the site yesterday. It worked fine for me, and I got creamed yesterday.

I did notice that Ellis is closing early---I went to make one bet at Ellis, basically a small bet out of pure boredom, and it said the race was closed, when the field had been about half loaded into the gate.

cj
08-14-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm having a problem with "Connection Refused" error and similar, but then I have to review account to check if the bet has been processed or not...sometimes it has, others it hasn't.

I wrote to them about this, and they replied I should review account to see if the bet has been processed. I've never been told to fix a problem by telling me to do exactly what I've been doing and complained about.

jk3521
08-14-2005, 07:21 PM
I was having a problem with my SBC Yahoo DSL connection as a whole on saturday night.

Valuist
08-14-2005, 08:37 PM
CJ-

The strange thing about what happened with my "connection refused" was when I checked the "review account" it didn't have the wager I just made. Then, a half hour later I went back in and sure enough, they added the winning amount to the account. I'm glad I wasn't shut out but not knowing whether a wager is placed or not is a bit disconcerting.

midnight
08-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Pinnacle had a lot of problems Saturday. When that happens, I just switch over to E-Horse.

cj
08-15-2005, 05:18 AM
I have found a few (I think 4) wagers they gave me the win, but didn't deduct the amount of the wager from my account. This has only happened the last two days. I am very diligent about going over every wager the next day. Pretty weird, but I'm not going to complain!

DrugSalvastore
08-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I have found a few (I think 4) wagers they gave me the win, but didn't deduct the amount of the wager from my account. This has only happened the last two days. I am very diligent about going over every wager the next day. Pretty weird, but I'm not going to complain!

Yesterday, I added a $25 exacta before the horses started to load. It deducted the money from my total---but on the bottom it said something like "null connection error."

That bet lost---when I looked at my total this morning, they added $25 to my total, plus my rebate from yesterday.

I typically bet several minutes (like right after the post parade) before post---and rarely bet close to post unless I get a last second urge to add more to a previous bet....I've heard from another person that has told me he has had trouble with close-to-post time bets at pinnicale this past weekend...and it's obvious a few on this board have had trouble as well.