PDA

View Full Version : Progression Betting

anotherdave
05-25-2002, 12:05 AM
I saw this one on the itsdata.com site. Don't remember seeing it before. Looks like we are wasting our time handicapping. Just bet post 1.

http://www.itsdata.com/books/K&C%20Wiining%20at%20the%20races/Winning%20At%20The%20Races...Betting%20Progression .htm

AD

Tom
05-25-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by anotherdave
I saw this one on the itsdata.com site. Don't remember seeing it before. Looks like we are wasting our time handicapping. Just bet post 1.

http://www.itsdata.com/books/K&C%20Wiining%20at%20the%20races/Winning%20At%20The%20Races...Betting%20Progression .htm

AD

D'OH !!
I been bettin' the two hole!!!!

Lefty
05-25-2002, 12:34 PM
Looks like another version of the old Due Column to me. Anyone buy this let mew know if i'm wrong.

Dave Schwartz
05-25-2002, 12:49 PM
Hey Dick,

You seem to buy everything. How 'bout buying this one and letting us know? <G>

Dave

anotherdave
05-25-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Looks like another version of the old Due Column to me. Anyone buy this let mew know if i'm wrong.

Probably. Why does ITS sell this stuff? At $59, I'm not buying.

Quote from itsdata.com site:

"The developer Joe Weiss, is a former trainer, owner, and life-long horse player. He now spends his time at home, reading the Form and phoning in his bets every afternoon. He has been using betting progression for more than two years and makes a comfortable living."

And one more question. Why does he read the form. Seems like a waste of money. He doesn't need one if all he does is bet number 1.

AD

Dick Schmidt
05-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Dave,

Ya, I buy a lot of stuff, but not due-column, and not from ITS, which is just one tiny step above a system mill. The people who run ITS profess to be professional players, yet they sell this type of grabage. Their motto seems to be: "Never let your common sense or morals get in the way of making a buck!"

Dick

Bob Harris
05-25-2002, 07:47 PM

"The developer Joe Weiss, is a former trainer, owner, and life-long horse player. He now spends his time at home, reading the Form and phoning in his bets every afternoon. He has been using betting progression for more than two years and makes a comfortable living."

And one more question. Why does he read the form. Seems like a waste of money. He doesn't need one if all he does is bet number 1.

AD

AD,

The ad copy is from the K & C Enterprises website and the ad copy for the RPM/Powers products comes from their catalog...nobody at ITS comes up with that stuff.

That being said, I wish they wouldn't sell crap like that. I understand there is a market for it but it cheapens the company in my opinion. They have some excellent software products and distribute worthwhile tools such as sire ratings, etc. They should leave the garbage alone.

I may have just doubled the cost of my data files but that's the way I feel and I never pull punches.

Bob

Lefty
05-25-2002, 08:15 PM
You know what? I think I have this. About a yr ago a guy was selling it for a 100 bucks. The name Joe Weiss sounds familiar although his name doesn't appear on his manual. I traded him something for it and so didn't spend the $100. What I got was a due column method. When I told him it was just the old due column he told me he had never heard of a due col. I'm not 100% sure it's same guy. The name of the manual is "Winning At The Races betting progression. I'm about 90% sure though.

andicap
05-25-2002, 08:58 PM
ITS sells software called "Handiman's"
Has anyone tried that one? ITS says it is the company's most popular third party software.

Lefty
05-25-2002, 09:39 PM
just went back to ITS site and now i'm 100% sure I have this and YES it's a due col. He doesn't advocate betting post position but shows an example that you could and make money. Yes, until disaster strikes, and it will. Just a vanilla due column, nothing creative.

ranchwest
05-25-2002, 11:43 PM

AD

He reads the Form so he can see if there's a 1A, in which case it's a double down situation.