PDA

View Full Version : SAR SAT

SAL
08-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Picks for Saratoga Saturday:

R1 #4 Epic-Has been running in good form lately. Has sprinted well in the past and had a tough trip last out. Barn does ok with 2nd off the claim runners.

R2 #3 Jamies Jet-Showed promise last year before going on the shelf. Had excuses in his comeback races. Gets Dominguez today.

R3 #4 Congo King-Dam has fired with some FTS winners. Sire OK FTS and 2yo runners also.

R4 #6 Royal Moment-Ran well as a 2yo, never really running a bad race. Has figs that match up nicely with the others in here. Any improvement from maturity will make him a factor here, and at double digit odds may be worth a shot.

R5 #2 Testimony-Like the breeding and connections on this one too.

R6 #10 Fiddler’s Cat-Ran well on his only attempts on the grass last year. Had his prep, should run better today.

R7 #4 Pomeroy-Proven graded stakes runner should be tough in this spot. Had excuses in his last few poor efforts.

R8 #2 Vangelis-Still looking for his first graded stakes win in the US. Looks like he’s moving forward to a good effort. Worth a shot at a price.

R9 Pass

R10 #6 Hunting Hillbilly-Barn doing extremely well with claimed runners. Will be tough here if he runs his race.

Ron
08-13-2005, 02:46 PM
My god. I wish I had seen this before the 4th race. I can't believe I bet a three horse exacta that came in 2, 3, 4 and didn't play the Assmussen two year old. Nice pick!

Suff
08-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Picks for Saratoga Saturday:

R4 #6 Royal Moment-Ran well as a 2yo, never really running a bad race. Has figs that match up nicely with the others in here. Any improvement from maturity will make him a factor here, and at double digit odds may be worth a shot.

Good Call Sal. Pretty cool that in a 6 horse field a few PA people land on the longest shot on the board. (by 8 points?)

SAL
08-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Yup. Glad we all had it. With the assistance of CJ's Figs! :)

Ron
08-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Dude, you are good. I was sh*tting my pants because I thought I lost the meager late pick 3 to Hunting Hillbilly.

Ron
08-13-2005, 10:54 PM
I'd PAY for these picks! ;)