PDA

View Full Version : From the NY Times on Atta

lsbets
08-12-2005, 12:53 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Sept-11-Hijackers.html?hp&ex=1123819200&en=75c8bf9eafed684c&ei=5094&partner=homepage

"The Sept. 11 commission knew military intelligence officials had identified lead hijacker Mohamed Atta as a member of al-Qaida who might be part of U.S.-based terror cell more than a year before the terror attacks but decided not to include that in its final report, a spokesman acknowledged Thursday."

"Staff members now are searching documents in the National Archives to look for notes from the meeting in Afghanistan and any other possible references to Atta and Able Danger, Felzenberg said."

When I read the last paragraph I quoted, am I the only one who wonders what classified information Sandy Berger accidentally shoved in his pants when he was at the National Archives?

JustMissed
08-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Before I had finished reading the first paragraph of your post the name "Sandy Berger" popped into my head and I'll be damned if you didn't mention him in your LAST PARAGRAPH.

When, and I doubt if it ever will, the truth and the whole truth about Arabs, 9-11 & the(our) government officals comes out, you will either want to sit down and cry or shit in your pants.

JM

JustRalph
08-12-2005, 06:13 PM
you will either want to sit down and cry or shit in your pants. JM

not mutually exclusive events for a grown man.........

kenwoodallpromos
08-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Guess who was El Presidente in September, 2000?

lsbets
08-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Now now Ken, don't bring him up, stop living in the past. :lol:

wonatthewire1
08-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Where do all those Arabs get their money?

JustRalph
08-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Where do all those Arabs get their money?

http://www.arb.ca.gov/training/images/OilProduction.jpg

Tom
08-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Atta, some old Grandma.....
Atta, some old Grandma....
Atta, some old Grandma....

OK, Lady, step over here please and open your bag!

Yup, Ralph. Those two things are often done together.:bang:
A lot latley. Could this be that warm feeling Bush was talking about.

boxcar
08-13-2005, 12:25 AM
kenwoodallpromos wrote:

Guess who was El Presidente in September, 2000?

Which is precisely why the mainstream media (not to mention the 9/11 Commission!) is once again sweeping a very big story under the rug! The Slickster knew there were terrror cells here in the country and, essentially, chose to look the other way rather than make any waves -- all of course, on the "good adivice" of WH lawyers.

Boxcar

wonatthewire1
08-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks Ralph > so you mean to tell me that average 'merkins are the source of the financial wherewithal for these terrorists?

JustRalph
08-13-2005, 01:11 PM
everything in that region is rich with oil money. I used to have a friend who was from Egypt and lived in kuwait (in fact he does now, havent' seen him for about 5 years) and he explained to me about how the money is doled out etc.....based on your status in the family etc. He also told me that for the last 50 years the families have been pouring their oil money into accounts that benefit entire generations now. Much of that money is also derived from Oil equipment etc. somewhere somehow........almost every damn dime is related to oil...........

highnote
08-15-2005, 10:12 PM
everything in that region is rich with oil money. I used to have a friend who was from Egypt and lived in kuwait (in fact he does now, havent' seen him for about 5 years) and he explained to me about how the money is doled out etc.....based on your status in the family etc. He also told me that for the last 50 years the families have been pouring their oil money into accounts that benefit entire generations now. Much of that money is also derived from Oil equipment etc. somewhere somehow........almost every damn dime is related to oil...........

Sounds a little bit like Alaska :D

highnote
08-15-2005, 10:21 PM
I think every president for the past 20 or so years has known Muslim extremists were going to be a problem.

Tony Blair knew there were terrorists in England.

If they want to operate under the radar it's not that hard -- especially when they act alone.

Dearborn, Michigan has the largest Arab population in the country. I'm sure there are a few radicals there. So what can you do about it?

If there 10 radicals out of 1,000,000 how are you going to find them?

Blame the presidents for everything that goes wrong is not the answer.

If it were that simple we'd have solved the terrorist problem long ago.

In fact, I'm going to start a new thread that asks the question.... "So... How would you stop terrorism?"

Tom
08-15-2005, 10:48 PM
From the sounds of things the last few days, we not only knew they were here, we knew who they werre - Atta was identified and several others as well, and our governement failed to act.

One death pilot was stopped by an alert agent who "profiled" the guy and refused to let him pass.

The other 19 got thorugh security when clearly, video evidence showed that several of them failed not once, but multiple times to pass the security checks in place back then.

How do you stop terroism? Do your damn job.

The last straw for 9-11 to have ever happened can be laid squarley on the sholders of two or three security people who cheated and failed to do their jobs.
Had they only done what they were getting padi to do every day, 9-11 would have been prevented that day.

Whenever I pass through airport security, and see one of the MANY agents appearing to be comfy in his job, I always mention that to him/her - "Do you know how to spot who was responsible for 9-11? They dressed just like you!"

lsbets
08-15-2005, 10:51 PM
I still want to know if the documents that Sandy Berger mistook for toilet paper (I mean why else would someone put a piece of paper in his pants unless his butt itched because he was in a hurry at home and did a bad job wiping?) were related to the knowledge of Atta as far back as 1999.