PDA

View Full Version : Jockey Suspension Question

chrisg
08-12-2005, 04:52 AM
I just read that P Val is appealing a 5 day suspension.

If he didn't appeal it, wouldn't they have reduced his days?

And since he was already named to ride in two Graded Stakes out of town, wouldn't he have been allowed to ride them inspite of the suspension?

Seems to me he could have got away w/ 1 day off really.

Am I wrong?

Maybe he'll try to bump it back to 5 days off @ the start of the next meet.

Figman
08-12-2005, 08:19 AM
New York is the only venue that I know of that offers a deal initially-sign a waiver of appeal rights and you get a reduction. If the licensee does not sign a waiver of his right to appeal, the suspension as originally constituted can be of any length and the fine any amount when it reaches the Commission level. Often it is not necessarily the amount of days and fine money if any as the original amount.

chrisg
08-12-2005, 09:50 AM
New York is the only venue that I know of that offers a deal initially-sign a waiver of appeal rights and you get a reduction. If the licensee does not sign a waiver of his right to appeal, the suspension as originally constituted can be of any length and the fine any amount when it reaches the Commission level. Often it is not necessarily the amount of days and fine money if any as the original amount.

Thanks.

Buddha
08-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Yea, most placed don't lessen the days for not appealing, and also, when suspended in one state, it usually is in effect for all states,and I am sure that he wanted to ride today in the stakes at MNR instead of sitting at home doing nothing

chrisg
08-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Yea, most placed don't lessen the days for not appealing, and also, when suspended in one state, it usually is in effect for all states,and I am sure that he wanted to ride today in the stakes at MNR instead of sitting at home doing nothing

As far as I Know, you're allowed to ride in Graded Stakes under suspension as long as you were named to that mount.