PDA

View Full Version : Claim game 2

Valuist
08-11-2005, 10:08 AM
We're entered to run today in the 6th at Arlington. We're listed at 7-2 in the program. Only problem is that there's some light rain in the area and with the Million two days away, any rainfall at all will likely mean off the turf. If they are taken off, we'll scratch.

Suff
08-11-2005, 10:32 AM
We're entered to run today in the 6th at Arlington. We're listed at 7-2 in the program. Only problem is that there's some light rain in the area and with the Million two days away, any rainfall at all will likely mean off the turf. If they are taken off, we'll scratch.

I hope you run. It's nice to have a horse in during Million Week. The place is fancied up, crowds bigger. U never know, if you win, you may get oogled in the winners circle by green horns. Mistaking you for Odgen Mills Phipps or something!

Valuist
08-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Thx. Not only bigger crowds but the purses get increased 10-15% during the Festival. Only negative is AP management will take races off the grass with a couple drops of rain to protect the grass.

BillW
08-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Best of luck, Valuist - I'll be cheering for you! :ThmbUp:

IRISHLADSTABLE
08-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Valuist ,
Best of Luck Today

Jimmy

Valuist
08-11-2005, 03:04 PM
We've had a decent amount of rain but they're still on the grass. Don't know how our filly will handle the soft turf or the 1 1/8m but she is well meant. Gotta get going to the track.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Good Luck Valuist!

RXB
08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
I saw this thread late; only caught the stretch run. What caused the late scratch?

BillW
08-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I saw this thread late; only caught the stretch run. What caused the late scratch?

Just guessing - turf was yielding after a pretty hard rain.

Valuist
08-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately the horse started limping a bit on the walk from the barn to the paddock. There was a minor incident a couple days ago in which the horse suffered a few minor bruises but the vet checked her out and said she was ok. Hugh thought that it could be related. Hopefully its something minor.

RXB
08-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Tough break. Let's hope everything works out well.

Suff
08-12-2005, 03:36 AM
The Arlington Million is coming up the the Race of the Summer. Kudos to AP for trumping Saratoga. Not easy to do. Chicago Racing:ThmbUp:

The Sword Dancer not rich enough.

Valuist
08-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Fortunately nothing seriously wrong w/the filly. Just a minor infection which should be cleared up in a couple days.

Valuist
08-25-2005, 05:16 PM
We aren't getting many breaks. We entered for Sunday but are on the AE list. And if we do draw in, we get the extreme outer post position; not a good thing in a mile race with a short run to the turn.

If we don't run, I'd like to skip a condition and run against the FSNW2X on Sept. 1. The last FSNW2X wasn't much better than the FSNW1X; a filly stuck at the condition for a long time broke thru to win and the field size wasn't real big; I think 7 were in that group. Selling that idea to the other two owners and trainer may be a different matter, however.