PDA

View Full Version : Food Network at the Spa

BillW
08-11-2005, 04:24 AM
Last night Rachael Ray's show ($40 a Day?) was focused on Saratoga Spgs. and included eating at the track during the morning workouts and the partying that goes on along Broadway during the thoroughbred season. The timing of the show was probably more intriguing than the content but it sure did get me fired up!

2 more weeks :jump:

parlay
08-11-2005, 07:41 PM
I LOVE THAT GIRL, I USE HER IN MY DREAMS AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK!!
Hope togas' treating you good!

BillW
08-11-2005, 07:47 PM
I LOVE THAT GIRL, I USE HER IN MY DREAMS AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK!!
Hope togas' treating you good!

She lost a few points in my book by pointing out that she liked to go to the track in the morning to avoid "all that gambling". A bit elitist, but still cute :).

BTW, Not there yet - 12 days till travel day.

Figman
08-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Rachael is from the Capital District area. In fact her father, Dan DiNicola is on one of the local television stations often.

Wiley
08-12-2005, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=BillW]She lost a few points in my book by pointing out that she liked to go to the track in the morning to avoid "all that gambling"[QUOTE]

Maybe someone should tell Rachel without 'all that gambling" Saratoga would not exist as we know it.
Too bad none of the Saratoga group were around to school her to say a cold $60 exacta in the afternoon, she might change her mind on playing the ponies and eat a little better to boot.

BillW
08-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Maybe someone should tell Rachel without 'all that gambling" Saratoga would not exist as we know it.
Too bad none of the Saratoga group were around to school her to say a cold $60 exacta in the afternoon, she might change her mind on playing the ponies and eat a little better to boot.

:lol:

Observer
08-12-2005, 06:23 PM
I always wondered when/if she'd do a $40-a-day on Saratoga .. I knew she was from the area .. and just thought it'd make a perfect show .. too bad I missed it .. I'm sure it had to be interesting .. trying to figure how to make it through a day in that town .. during the meet .. on $40-a-day.

Tom
08-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I always wondered when/if she'd do a $40-a-day on Saratoga .. I knew she was from the area .. and just thought it'd make a perfect show .. too bad I missed it .. I'm sure it had to be interesting .. trying to figure how to make it through a day in that town .. during the meet .. on $40-a-day.

Breakfast......Bowl of chowder...............$2.99
Lunch..........Bowl of chowder................$2.99
Snack.........Bowl of chowder.................$2.99
Dinner.........Bowl of chowder.................$2.99
Beer.............................................. ....$28.04

Piece of cake.
Opps. no cake. :D

BillW
08-12-2005, 10:48 PM
I always wondered when/if she'd do a $40-a-day on Saratoga

I did a search of the next 10 days and couldn't find it, but they run this show alot - a re-run should be on soon.

.. I knew she was from the area .. and just thought it'd make a perfect show .. too bad I missed it .. I'm sure it had to be interesting .. trying to figure how to make it through a day in that town .. during the meet .. on $40-a-day.

She did a carry-in to the track and otherwise only food was counted.