PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Contest August 11th

Tor Ekman
08-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Okay, I'll pick up the baton and run with this for a while. Here are the pp's for Thursday's contest. My selection to follow.

http://www.dmtc.com/frame.php?c=contest&f=/racinginfo/pp/bris/050811.pdf

Tor Ekman
08-10-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm trying to find a way not to wind up on Del Mar Miss, which figures to be heavy favorite with P-Val up.

grahors
08-11-2005, 06:52 AM
I had Anzari yesterday...might as well shoot for it again..Bubbles

douglasw32
08-11-2005, 07:54 AM
TIZAWOOD-

I see a fairly good trainer, with a lighly raced horse (of course there are a few others like this) who has an impressive series of consistent works (again so fdo some others), in a race with ALOT of E types, is an S ! fits the conditions, is Competitive in both pace and speed.

I think this one handles this group and follows up the mdn win with a high odds score.

:liar:

Tor Ekman
08-11-2005, 11:30 AM
There figures to be some early speed in the race, so I'm looking for Salah Love to run off the pace and have the most run in her down the stretch. Looking for improvement with first time blinkers also. That's my play - win/place on Salah's Love. But I'm also going to put a minor win/place for the price on Wayttoomuchfun with Gomez up, on the chance that she's learned how to win a speed duel coming off two consecutive sped duel wins, notwithstanding the outside post.

how cliche
08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Very interesting race for me personally. I loved Proposed who was entered & won the same race that Del Mar Miss ran 2nd in last time out. Del Mar Miss probably had little left in her last given the blazing 1:09 & 4 work Baffert put into her 12 days before the race. Does Victor jump off now in favor of Tizawood or does PVal get put up by Baffert to get the money? Not sure, but I hit a good win bet and singled Proposed in the pick 3 & pick 4 hits that day so seeing her name listed doesn't upset me one bit.

Side note: I do not have numbers to back it up, but something I've noticed in Southern California is intriguing. When a Baffert horse is listed with a breeze for their final work before a race, they lose a high amount of those races. Obviously they are at underlaid prices as well, so it's something to keep an eye on when betting.

Now on to my pick. I'm going with Kohar. If my memory seves me Memorette has turned into a pretty good filly. Kohar raced pretty well behind her. She does run 2nd too much for my liking and has an aversion to the winners circle. She's beginning to look as if she might be stuck at the level too, but at least the connections haven't given up on her by putting her up for a tag. Typical difficult to read O'Neill training, due to the wide gaps in action. Off since July 10 with a lone drill on August 4. But I have a suspicion that the longer races will leave her legged up and tracking the projected hot tempo and hopefully she'll come a flyin' late. 5-1 seems a little light. Should go off higher.

Kohar to win.

how cliche
08-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh and Thanks Tom!

One other item of note is that Tizawood, Victor's mount was a gate scratch from that DMR Miss race on July 24 & Nakatani was signed up to ride that day.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Etch was a gate scratch too because she was a total headcase when trying to load that afternoon.

That's all I got lol. Tmi.

Tor Ekman
08-11-2005, 04:38 PM
The race goes off at approx. 8:05pm eastern time, while I will be in transit home on the train. I will post the race results when I get home later tonight.

Good luck to all, but better luck to me. :) - Tor Ekman

chrisg
08-11-2005, 07:54 PM
What may or may not be my last contest pick:

Tizawood by daylight. $100 to win. Trainer, 9 months, works, vs SB now.

:) :)

toetoe
08-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Tizawood. Five races on dirt so far, and here are post pos./field sizes:
6/7

7/7

4/8

5/7

7/9, with no inside ralliers or inside wire jobs, I think. Victor's not drawn outside, but I think he'll RALLY WIDE, BOYS!

toetoe
08-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Post 2 wins with a rail trip. What-EVER.

Tor Ekman
08-11-2005, 09:25 PM
3 - TIALINGA . . . . . . . . . $19.20 . . . . . $7.80 . . . . . $6.60

11 - ETCH . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $6.20 . . . . . . $5.20

10 - BUBBLES AGAIN . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $16.40

Better luck to all next time.