PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Cut Your Gasoline Costs by 90% ?

Hosshead
08-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Leave the oil companies out of your gas tank, and out of the equation.
Step Through The Portal and........ Convert.
(not for diesel engines)
__________________________________________________ ____________

:cool: Portal This Way --- -->>>>>>>>> www.switch2hydrogen.com

shanta
08-10-2005, 11:12 AM
(not for diesel engines)

Thanx for the link "Hoss". Very interesting for sure. If it flies the listed price for conversion is CHEAP considering gas will hit 3 beans a gallon here in Westchester shortly the way things are going.

Richie

JustMissed
08-10-2005, 06:49 PM
(not for diesel engines)

Hey Hoss, do you think maybe that orange power cord was hooked up to a windmill or something?

My guess it was plugged into the poor bastard's 110v outlet and when he gets his electric bill he'll have to declare BANKRUPTCY :lol: .

Hydrogen will never fly-the energy cost to turn water into hydrogen is not doable.

When interest rates go through the roof and the housing bubble burst, a lot of folks are going to be under the bridge fighting each other over a worn out grocery cart.

Inflation+High Interest Rates+High Energy Cost=SOL

JM :cool:

JustRalph
08-10-2005, 08:34 PM
check out what else these guys sell.............

http://www.unitednuclear.com/tesla1.jpg

highnote
08-11-2005, 05:37 AM
I found this article on a link from the hydrogen site.

http://www.unitednuclear.com/bureaucrats.htm

The Two Faces of Homeland Security

Should you harbor any doubts regarding DC bureaucrats’ ability to act quickly and decisively in these terror-driven times, consider this. According to official correspondence posted on the website of Massachusetts Congressman Ed Markey, within three months after September 11th, some savvy folks at Health and Human services had snatched up the country’s entire available supplier inventory of potassium iodide, some 600,000 doses.

Potassium iodide is a handy little tablet that when taken immediately before or just after a nuclear incident involving the release of radioactive iodine, can prevent your thyroid from absorbing “bad” iodine, which can cause an unusual and particularly aggressive form of thyroid cancer years later. So, pretty smart thinking and even faster footwork on the part of the feds, you might conclude…that is, until you learn where all that KI got stashed: right there in DC for the protection of residents of the Capital region.

Those doses of KI represented a disproportionate percentage of the total 1,758,000 doses in the national stockpile at that time. There were then 5.4 million people living in greater DC. The national population at that time was 271 million. That means that 36% of the available stockpile of KI had been set aside to protect less than 2% of the population – the residents of greater DC, the working home of our legislators and their families. One might reasonably interpret this rush to stockpile as a governmental vote of confidence for radiation blockers. One would be wrong. Federal officials steadfastly resisted stockpiling them for the general public until a petition finally forced them to in 2001. The closest they have ever come to publicly recommending radiation blockers is this wimpy verbiage from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission a few years ago: “the federal government believes that the use of KI is a reasonable and prudent measure as a supplemental protective action for the public” during a nuclear event. But that was before we had the Department of Homeland Security to look out for us.

No one anticipated the arrival of this “new broom” in the capital with more eagerness than I. Last year I had traveled to Washington to bring my concerns on the KI issue to the attention of the Federal Nuclear Preparedness Coordinating Committee. I hoped to convince its 19 member agencies to begin to inform people about the need to buy radiation blockers. In today’s world they should be in every family's medicine cabinet, right next to the Ipecac parents store in case a child accidentally swallows poison. Both the American Thyroid Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics have issued policy statements to this effect. This is not solely a terrorism issue. Simply living in a world with nuclear energy puts us at risk. My words to the committee were politely and respectfully received – right before things returned to business as usual.

Here’s the real crux of the problem. With the government remaining mum about the need for radiation blockers, supply and demand has not kicked into gear. People don’t know they should buy them, so no demand is being created. As no one is manufacturing them in any great quantities, very little is to be found in stores. At this rate there will not be enough radiation blockers available to meet a serious emergency demand. At the time of the Chernobyl event every bit of KI was sold off the shelves throughout Europe within 24 hours. During the 1997 incident at Japan’s Tokaimura plant, some parents in California, fearing a plume was headed their way from across the Pacific, tried in desperation to dose their children with water iodizing tablets. So when Homeland Security finally rolled out its “Be Ready” campaign to teach Americans how to prepare for life in a war zone, I was more than ready. Surely at this critical moment political mendacity would no longer hold sway. Some savvy pol would be stirred to reach deep into his socks and pull out a Churchillian moment. We would at last learn what our government was doing to protect us, and what we could do to help in the effort. Imagine my surprise when I went to ready.gov and read our government’s latest spin on KI. Now we’re told, “If there is a significant radiation threat, health care authorities may or may not advise you to take potassium iodide” which “may or may not protect your thyroid gland, which is particularly vulnerable, from radioactive iodine exposure.”

So, do you suppose this means that those 600,000 doses of KI that are sitting in a warehouse somewhere near the capital are destined to be dumped into the Potomac by a bunch of embarrassed bureaucrats? Don’t hold your breath.