PDA

View Full Version : Sprint and Kathy Rogers " Never Handicap Again " method ?

BeatTheChalk
08-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Yep Good old Sprint has brought the oldie out of moth balls. I never could find a soul .. who had seen it .. or knew anything about it. Any input would
be appreciated. I sorta doubt if the Rogers Family has anything..but yah
never know :)

Jaguar
08-10-2005, 01:28 AM
It read as though it were written in 1975-78. Quaint, old-fashioned, limited.

Most of those old methods would still pick the chalk, and nothing but the chalk.

The advent of injectibles and "cutie pie" trainer stunts(as in "screw the bettor") would prevent a handicapper from making money with those old methods today.

Modern programs such as Equisim, FOCUS 2000, NSPACE, etc., etc., blow those old "paint by numbers" methods into the weeds.

Horse racing has changed alot in 30 years, becoming much more sophisticated... Bob Dylan was right.(Although he may have been wrong about Reuben Carter).

Jaguar

midnight
08-10-2005, 02:03 AM
I haven't seen this one in its present or older form, but if it's anything like Rogers' other offerings, it isn't going to be of much value, in my opinion.

NoDayJob
08-10-2005, 02:10 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Sprint" says it all... HooHa! Just call me "Turf" NDJ.

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]

twindouble
08-10-2005, 11:27 AM
"Horse racing has changed alot in 30 years, becoming much more sophisticated"

Jaguar; Other than the Vet pulling off his magic or the rich paying absurd amounts of money for horses and stud fees in an attempt to hijack the sport, what do you mean by much more sophisticated? I hope you don't mean how the whales get the edge over the average player with the rebates or the fact they are tring to turn horse racing it a Los Vegas type experience. last of all are you suggesting that handicappers take up computer programing or a crash course in probibilities and calculus to compete? Please explain.

Doug3312
08-10-2005, 04:42 PM
I bought it last year and it was terrible. This year they sent me an email with the updated version, and I asked why should I buy this one when the other didn't work. To my amazment they responded that I must have done something wrong because they had many satisfied users. Yea, Right!

timtam
08-10-2005, 04:50 PM
I bought this system in the late 90's. It advocates to play 2 horses

per race and a way you can incorporate an exacta box. Surprisingly enough

it won for a while at Lone Star but like other systems which totally are

lacking real substance it fell off and I forgot about it. You do not need

a racing form and can use the morning line entries which are free at many

places so you can figure out a race card and practice at home for an entire

meet to see if it works at your track. Once again its like the old Dot system

where if it works while you use it its great but over the long haul its a

total loser. I really don't think anyone on this board would use it very long

i'd say it would be about a 3 a little under break even.

BeatTheChalk
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Pretty much as I expected. The mere fact that I have not heard much of
anything over the years....is all the evidence we need :) I will give the
happy couple this much : They continue to survive. The Flag is up .... :bang:

toetoe
08-11-2005, 08:19 PM
I got excited for a moment. I thought Sprint and Ginger were promising to never handicap again, themselves.