PDA

View Full Version : Online $1 Trifecta - Where ?

Hosshead
08-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Was wondering which sites (youbet?) offer $1 Tri wagering. No matter what the host track minimum is.
Tried to make a $1 Tri bet at Ebet (Mnr) the other night, and it would only accept $2 bets, which would have run my bet total up to $432., instead of $216. So I passed. Needless to say, my combinations came in, and the Tri paid $10,500. OUCH !

BillW
08-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Hosshead,

I believe Brisbet offers what ever the track does ($0.50 Pk-4's, $0.10 supers etc.) but I've never heard of a domestic acct. wagering outfit accepting wagers outside the menu of the track in question. Possibly you can find that offshore.

Bill

BTW Brisbet shows a $1 tri on their betting menu for MNR, but I can't guarantee that they will accept it. Their usual method of error trapping is to allow entry of an illegal bet and flag it when you try to place it (I hate that).

Steve 'StatMan'
08-09-2005, 10:02 PM
I've placed $1 tri combos using YouBet on MNR's races.

Sorry you didn't get to put that wager through. That was quite a whopper!

Buddha
08-09-2005, 10:02 PM
MNR offers $1 tris, so that is just something from ebet. I have a Americatab account and can place $1 tris with it.

Hosshead
08-09-2005, 10:33 PM
When checking the results on Equibase: For MNR it gives the $2 Tri payoff.
For Del Mar it gives $1 Tri payoff.
I've made $1 Tri bets on track here in Calif., so I know that payoff (on Equibase) is the host track minimum. So I assumed that the $2 MNR Tri payoff (posted on Equibase) was the MNR minimum also.

Buddah, could it be that Americatab is offering $1 tris but MNR (on track) doesn't ?

Steve, good to know that Youbet will accept $1 tri's (on all tracks?). Maybe I'll have to fire up my youbet accnt. again.

Bill, I just sent the question to Brisbet.

Maybe it is an Ebet thing. You'd think that Ebet would have a lot more Tri handle by accepting $1 bets. Maybe this is something that Youbet/Americatab have already figured out.

Maybe I can try to make this into a positive thing by retracing my steps that took me to this HUGE payoff. (fat chance I'll ever hit a 10K tri in my lifetime, which was just shortened by 10yrs. ! )

Hosshead
08-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh, forgot for a $1 Tri, it was only a $5,250 Mutuel.
Feel a lot better now.
Only knocked 5yrs. off my life !! :bang:

BillW
08-09-2005, 11:22 PM
When checking the results on Equibase: For MNR it gives the $2 Tri payoff.
For Del Mar it gives $1 Tri payoff.
I've made $1 Tri bets on track here in Calif., so I know that payoff (on Equibase) is the host track minimum. So I assumed that the $2 MNR Tri payoff (posted on Equibase) was the MNR minimum also.

I think they do this to drive me nuts :) . I like to place this info into a database - without having a fixed wager basis - the payout data is useless.

Buddah, could it be that Americatab is offering $1 tris but MNR (on track) doesn't ?

Buddha works there.

Bill, I just sent the question to Brisbet.

Let us know what they say. Since I don't play most of the wager types, I would like to know their answer.

Maybe it is an Ebet thing. You'd think that Ebet would have a lot more Tri handle by accepting $1 bets. Maybe this is something that Youbet/Americatab have already figured out.

Or their web software just can't handle it yet. Xpress bet was caught off guard when Lone Star (a Magna Track!) started accepting $0.10 supers and $0.50 pk-4's :D

Maybe I can try to make this into a positive thing by retracing my steps that took me to this HUGE payoff. (fat chance I'll ever hit a 10K tri in my lifetime, which was just shortened by 10yrs. ! )

Hang in there and don't lose another 10 years when you do hit it. :cool:

Bill

toetoe
08-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Pinnacle always allow $1 wagers, even WPS. Kind of a no-brainer. Pistifyin' that anyone would set it at $2.

BillW
08-10-2005, 12:15 AM
It would get complicated for on-shores that play into the track pools to handle partial wagers (maybe not even legal or within the boundaries of the agreement with the tracks). Off shores are booking their own action so they can take any denomination.

Hammerhead
08-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Ubet has dollar tris and exactas but you have to bet $2.00 minumum for total.
A/bc ex or a/bc/bc tri, Total 2.00 a buck apiece

Steve 'StatMan'
08-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Ubet has dollar tris and exactas but you have to bet $2.00 minumum for total.
A/bc ex or a/bc/bc tri, Total 2.00 a buck apiece

$2 total may be required by the tracks, will allow multitple combos at a $1 unit, but not a $1 straight ticket.

On other wagers where the track has a hard $2 minimum for combinations, it'll enforce it, just like the track would.

Youbet still requires even dollar betting units - they have not made changes to permit .10, .50, etc. combo wagers.

Ron
08-10-2005, 11:14 AM
.10 supers were supposed to come to youbet yesterday, Aug 9th.

Valuist
08-10-2005, 11:55 AM
AP now has 50 cent tris.

I don't agree w/Jerardi's column the other day in the DRF re: dime supers. It came off as very elitist. If you don't want to bet dime combos, then don't. But why restrict those who want to?

Steve 'StatMan'
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
.10 supers were supposed to come to youbet yesterday, Aug 9th.

Thanks! I hadn't looked the last few days.

hurrikane
08-10-2005, 03:07 PM
I don't know of anywhere you can't bet a $1 tri. Except ebet.

MNR certainly.

depalma13
08-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Oh, forgot for a $1 Tri, it was only a $5,250 Mutuel.
Feel a lot better now.
Only knocked 5yrs. off my life !! :bang:

Hey, look at it this way, if you had got your bet in, the payoff would have been only a litttle over $4000 for a buck.

hurrikane
08-10-2005, 07:18 PM
for 214 bucks.

TonyK@HSH
08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
I use EBetUSA and can play $1 trifectas. Don't know if I ever tried Mnr but I do know the service accepts them for all tracks I play.

Tony

Hosshead
08-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Hey, look at it this way, if you had got your bet in, the payoff would have been only a litttle over $4000 for a buck.
Payoff would have been $5250 - $216 = a little over $5000 profit, but hey, what's an extra thousand here or there. If I hadn't been too cheap to double my bet, I wouldn't be having this "phantom bet nightmare" !
Lesson to learn on growing- from bluegill to whale !! :bang:

depalma13
08-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I was just pointing out that if your money would have been in the pot, there would have been an extra winner. Instead of the four winners that split the pot, you being the fifth winner would have lowered the payout for a winning $2 ticket to a little over $8400.

$42,000 and change divided by 4 = $10,500
$42,000 and change divided by 5 = $8400

Hosshead
08-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I was just pointing out that if your money would have been in the pot, there would have been an extra winner. Instead of the four winners that split the pot, you being the fifth winner would have lowered the payout for a winning $2 ticket to a little over $8400.

$42,000 and change divided by 4 = $10,500
$42,000 and change divided by 5 = $8400Good point. I just looked up the tri pool for that race, didn't realize there were so few winning tickets.