PDA

View Full Version : Who was better?

chrisg
08-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Who do you think was the better racehorse?

I encourage you to post why. Thanks.

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/eddington.pdf

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/pollardsvision.pdf

DrugSalvastore
08-09-2005, 02:08 PM
The comedians Penn & Teller have a show called Bullshit on showtime. The show where they mock "The Best" is very funny and I highly recommend people watch it.

While it is a giant waste of time---and highly unproductive to engage in discussions like this---I will bite, because I'm a highly unproductive person.

Eddington was OBVIOUSLY the much better horse going a route of ground. PV was by the worthless distance sire Carson City--and to his credit---he was one of the very few Carson City's who could win around two turns against decent horses.

Here's a stat for you---outside of Hawthorne Park, Pollard's Vision was just 2-for-13 lifetime in route stakes. Of the two wins, one was a half length win over Cryptograph in the Grade 3 Lone Star Derby. The other win was a 2 length win over Britt's Jules in a Grade 3 at Deleware Park. Basically, other than at Hawthorne, this was a very average route horse.

Eddington was a horse with some charchter flaws--and was often prone to wide trips. His record is hardly breathtaking--but he's run big figures, has a Grade 1 win, and was no doubt a MUCH better horse than PV going a route of ground. Eddington was 0-for-2 around one turn---and was probably not nearly as effective as PV would be in those type of races.

Eddington is the better distance horse, PV would rate the better sprinter, but PV is a MUCH more respectable horse for the fact that he overcame blindness in one eye--and a sprint oriented pedigree--while the faint hearted Eddington, was, until this year, an over-hyped money burner.

Suff
08-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd say Eddington is the better horse. But when you put the word "race" in front of the description they drew closer. Take out GulfStream Park and Eddinton comes up wanting. Pollards Vission struggled with moderate GradeII fields, but was a nice race horse.

Even...slight edge eddington.

ezpace
08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Eddington by far..why? Grade 1's are tough. and he didnt have a "JuICE USING " trainer.

PaceAdvantage
08-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Eyeballing their PPs I say they're about even. Both never lived up to their potential....and even though Eddington beat PV, he did so in the slop....

plainolebill
08-09-2005, 09:59 PM
You guys are scraping the bottom of the topic barrel here. They were both common as dirt. :lol:

cnollfan
08-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Eddington was better, and he was still improving. Pollard's Vision had already leveled off, and at a lower level.