PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Contest In General

how cliche
08-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Dear posters,

I'm not garnering the discussion I'd hoped for. We've been getting two or three responses a day. Is it worth my efforts to continue to post PP's some analysis and RESULTS on a daily basis? I want a show of hands please. If it turns you off, I'll quit putting them up. If you like it I'll continue. Let me know. Post now or forever hold your peace.

kenwoodallpromos
08-09-2005, 12:28 AM
I quit because of not much response. I guess those interested are just doing the real contest!
At DM right now I am starting to get annoped at the broken gates. They need a fix now! Before someone gets hurt.

Tor Ekman
08-09-2005, 06:41 AM
As a someone fairly new to handicapping, I would appreciate it if you would please continue as it provides a learning opportunity for me and allows me insights into how others with more experience handicap and analyze the same pp's that I am looking at. I appreciate your time and effort. Thanks.

chrisg
08-09-2005, 01:53 PM
86 views; unbelievable. I don't know who looks @ these things.

I thought it was a great idea HC, but people just aren't responding.

I'm in a tough situation now, where I'm accountless. There was some regulation changes I guess. I can't go with youbet or tvg where I live & don't know any other legal means. I'm gonna try to see the contest out, but it's a bummer when I can't actually cash on racing in general. I was gonna drop out of the summer fling, but I'd rather they beat me legit.

Concept?: :ThmbUp:
Continue on?: :ThmbDown:

I appreciate your efforts though.

toetoe
08-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks, Cleesh. As usual, something worthwhile to me was kiboshed by a stupid computer problem, the thing with Adobe that won't let me out. Sorry for not supporting a noble cause ... WAY noble.

p.s. Find the name of a horse hidden in this lame post, and win a photo of Shelley's fav. horse, on another board.

LurkingBettor
08-09-2005, 06:54 PM
HC,

Not sure about the PP's and results, but, ALWAYS interested to read your selections and the thought process behind them (along with many others' on this board).

Keep up the good work, but make it easy on yourself.

Later,
LB

how cliche
08-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I will cease posting daily Del Mar Contest threads. There's not enough interest to validate continuing. It was an experiment that failed. Sometimes you never know until you try. If someone else wants to step up in my place feel free. Best of luck to you all. If it ain't mine I hope it's yours.

toetoe
08-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks, Cliche. I DO like the idea of a special thread for picks, etc., other than "Selections," which too often is just naked #'s.

p.s. Surf Cat is my future pick for the Pacific Classic. Will he run? Hmmm ...

cnollfan
08-10-2005, 12:08 AM
How Cliche:

I like reading your comments on the Dmr contest. You have made some great selections. I went to Bally's last week for their contest and am going to Canterbury this week for the Dog Days contest, so I have put the Dmr contest on the back burner for a couple of weeks, especially since I'm not doing too well in it. But I would encourage you to continue to post.

cnollfan
08-10-2005, 12:10 AM
I don't care if you post the PPs or the results, those are easily available elsewhere. It is your thoughts on the race that interest me.

how cliche
08-10-2005, 01:27 AM
I appreciate everything you guys are saying. I really do. But for me this is kind of an all or nothing deal, if I'm to lead. I like to learn from other posters and hopefully provide new tools for them as well in races that we all can see before they ever run. Tell you what. Somebody else take the lead for a while. I'll still post on the threads if you do. But do it all the way with the PP links and the results too.