PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

fergie
08-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone else was watching MNR tonight (HRTV) 10th race won by longshot which was 35/1 right after crossing finish line. The toteboard line on TV screen blinked and immediately changed to 16/1. I have been playing for over 20 years and have almost always noticed longshots tending to get longer as the late money comes in, and in the last year have noticed this very disturbing tendency towards some of the longshots getting shorter afterthe race is over. Makes me very suspicious of the pari-mutuel system integrity. Oh! If you're wondering--no, I didn't have the horse (#3) so it was no skin off my nose, but someone who deservedly won that race took a lot less for the pay than expected. If this was an isolated circumstance, I would not even bother to write about it, but seems to be happening more frequently these days. Anyone else see this race? Have any idea as to how someone might manipulate the toteboard systems to effect something like this?
Thanks, Fergie

BillW
08-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Fergie,

If you look at the source of the wagering dollars, that may explain it. Out of $1.7 Million handle, $49,000 was wagered on track which is about 2.5%. Virtually all the wagering is pouring in from the outside.

Bill

JustRalph
08-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Fergie

Try this thread from the past

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21378&highlight=late+money

also, do a seach for "late money" etc............there are tons of messages covering late money......... all from the last year or so......if memory serves me right