PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Contest August 8

how cliche
08-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Past Performances...
http://www.delmarracing.com/frame.php?c=contest&f=/racinginfo/pp/bris/050808.pdf

how cliche
08-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Harbour Town is the pick at 20-1. P. Gallagher won the contest race @ 19-1 yesterday. Trying to strike while the iron's hot. 30% win rate when the blinkers come off is way above average. Breeding says distance/surface should be no problem. Switch to D. Flores is a good one, imo. In a wide open race why not go with the 20-1 shot?

Sidenote: I've been backing my contest plays, but have decided to close my tvg account, for reasons mentioned in an earlier thread. 25 cents a bet plus 6 bucks a month for streaming video is uncalled for. Bye bye.

Harbour Town to win.

chrisg
08-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Harbour Town is the pick at 20-1. P. Gallagher won the contest race @ 19-1 yesterday. Trying to strike while the iron's hot. 30% win rate when the blinkers come off is way above average. Breeding says distance/surface should be no problem. Switch to D. Flores is a good one, imo. In a wide open race why not go with the 20-1 shot?

Sidenote: I've been backing my contest plays, but have decided to close my tvg account, for reasons mentioned in an earlier thread. 25 cents a bet plus 6 bucks a month for streaming video is uncalled for. Bye bye.

Harbour Town to win.

HC, we landed on the same horse! But, then I changed my mind :) I sold myself on Harbour Town yesterday, but then this morning I was looking at the other Gallagher gelding & think he actually has a better shot. I hope you cash on Harbour Town, but I'm going w/Mr. Splash. I really like his last race & he should like the turf.

Good racing luck!

Tor Ekman
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm on the other 20-1 shot, Lifestream. Throw out its last race. Breeding indicates success on turf. Workouts have been long so I think the distance will be okay. The price will be right and worth a play for win/place given the breeding.

how cliche
08-08-2005, 09:03 PM
RESULTS
6 Push to the Top-------------38.40 13.80 7.20
5 Meeting by Design------------------9.20 5.00
1 Refusal---------------------------------3.20

Tor Ekman
08-08-2005, 09:27 PM
This is so maddening - when I did my first run through I liked Push to the Top but then I went searching for more subtle value for a bigger play and out thought myself in the process. Well I'm kinda new to all this so I guess I should just chalk this one up to $38 worth of experience and missed opportunity. Ugh.

chrisg
08-08-2005, 10:11 PM
This is so maddening - when I did my first run through I liked Push to the Top but then I went searching for more subtle value for a bigger play and out thought myself in the process. Well I'm kinda new to all this so I guess I should just chalk this one up to $38 worth of experience and missed opportunity. Ugh.

I eliminated him because his three routes were awful & so was his 6.5f & 7f tries. But what stands out @ me now is that he won his '05 debut @ 6.5f...how the heck did I miss that. I can say now, those last two were good :D :bang: :rolleyes:

Live & learn.

So, should we have stayed away from the 3yo's ?

how cliche
08-08-2005, 10:56 PM
It was hard to see, but it was seeable. Different horse this year. Improving speed each race. 3rd off the bench. Solid turf breeding on the damside. Good job to those who made the right call.

I still like Harbour Town. He had a bad trip couldn't find room until deep stretch.(finished a closing 4th) I will be betting both he and the winner back. I think Push To The Top will be 10-1 in an N1X on the grass and Harbour Town will be 3rd off the layoff and double digits in the same class.