PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Trip?

toetoe
08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm happy for Commentator and Nick Zito, but St. Liam's race was also outstanding. Running a distant second to a classy speedball is a thankless task. Prado gave a great ride, and came up just short. Who, after all, could catch Commentator in that situation? T-breds in training, only. Choctaw Nation? Maybe not. I'm still not sure how good he is.

plainolebill
08-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Choctaw Nation is gonna have to run a lot faster than he did in his last race where he earned a meager 100 BSF. Actually St Liam got the pace scenario Dutrow said he wanted - something to run at :D . I thought Stevens did a heck of a job in the Whitney - Prado wanted to press but Gary let Commentator out a notch and Prado had to take back and hope he caught him. Anybody think these are strong candidates for the BCC?

toetoe
08-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Yes. These two, MAYBE Bellamy Road or some other 3-y-o, and maybe some turf horses switching to the main.

CapperLou
08-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Gary rode this good one perfectly. He is riding very well right now at the Spa--looks like the Gary of some years ago!!! I loved it in this race for sure!!

All the best,

CapperLou