PDA

View Full Version : Bush's new energy bill

ljb
08-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Anybody catch dubya on tv yesterday bragging up his new energy bill ?
Time magazine has this.
"Basically it's a mosaic of tax breaks, the big winners: electric utilities ($3.1 billion over 10 years), coal industry ($2.9 billion) and oil and gas industry ($2.7 billion). And of course a $1.5 billion research fund set up to aid oil and gas companies in the Texas district of Tom Delay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2005, 01:06 AM
When do the impeachment hearings start again?

kenwoodallpromos
08-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Carter had a bill for alternative energy...
120 degrees in Iraq and no solar power!

ljb
08-05-2005, 10:46 AM
When do the impeachment hearings start again?
PA,
While doing an intern in the white house is an impeachable offense, doing the public on a daily basis is not! If it were, this dude would have been impeached years ago. Every ruling, policy or law implemented under this guy has been to the benefit of corporate America and against the best interests of common folk like us. You and others on this board that support this administration are mere pawns of corporate America. Corporate America does appreciate your support and is showing it’s appreciation by giving you raises that put your standard of living at either a stagnant stage or a decreased level. This while corporate profits are approaching record highs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

skate
08-05-2005, 01:20 PM
and we should have expected the big tax breaks to go to whom?

lets see, 3billion towards my local deli, 2 billion for pat day, and maybe 1 to 4 billion for some of our felon friends in Sweden.

and they(article) must have referred to the tax breaks for energy saving equipment.

much to my sugar-in.

hcap
08-05-2005, 03:18 PM
http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=12476

Don't argue with ljb, argue with dickhead cheney.

http://www.corpwatch.org/img/pic/cookies.jpg

kenwoodallpromos
08-05-2005, 04:49 PM
" Corporate America does appreciate your support"
That's what the CEO's tell them all from both parties after each budget is voted in!LOL!
I support impeachment of all politicians, but not until they have been in office 24 hours!

skate
08-06-2005, 03:01 PM
good answer, to my sugar-in.