PDA

View Full Version : 7th at DMR will kill Siphon Honey

linrom1
08-04-2005, 09:20 PM
In the 7th race today Siphon Honey was spooked when a gate was suddently opened in front of her. Siphon Honey then reared and fell back hitting her head on the ground. She was then promptly stood up, loaded and sent off to race where she finished up the track as a favorite; I will make a guess that this horse will never race again.

I don't know what is going at DMR this year but the shenanigans just doesn't end. Yesterday in the 7th , Sarafan was DQ for no apparent reason. What made the DQ very questionable was that the horse that was put up as winner made the initial contact by going sideways and bumping into Sarafan at the 16th pole.

Now I am not a conspiracy fan, but would you believe that on both occasions, it was the Mercedes Stable that ended up as a benefactor of these strange decisions and occurrences.

I think that I’ve had enough of DMR this year.

kenwoodallpromos
08-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Email MaryS PR at Dm- she will tell you what's up.

chrisg
08-05-2005, 05:08 PM
In the 7th race today Siphon Honey was spooked when a gate was suddently opened in front of her. Siphon Honey then reared and fell back hitting her head on the ground. She was then promptly stood up, loaded and sent off to race where she finished up the track as a favorite; I will make a guess that this horse will never race again.

I don't know what is going at DMR this year but the shenanigans just doesn't end. Yesterday in the 7th , Sarafan was DQ for no apparent reason. What made the DQ very questionable was that the horse that was put up as winner made the initial contact by going sideways and bumping into Sarafan at the 16th pole.

Now I am not a conspiracy fan, but would you believe that on both occasions, it was the Mercedes Stable that ended up as a benefactor of these strange decisions and occurrences.

I think that I’ve had enough of DMR this year.

So, do you think their (whomever that is) goal was to spook Siphon Honey into rearing & hitting her head so that she wouldn't be @ her best?

Dude. No dude. Seriously. You've thought about this since then haven't you. You're all better, right? :cool:

kenwoodallpromos
08-05-2005, 09:31 PM
"Among the locals whose names are synonymous with the Del Mar season are Sid and Jenny Craig. Other prominent horse owners visible at the track are John Mabee and Allen Paulson. The Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has its own official vet, Dr. Jock Jocoy. Should a horse require surgery, there’s the nearby Helen Woodward Animal Center."
Sorry, could not find a dirty connection of Paulson to gate workers.
And I do not know how 1 gate can be opened by itself on purpose.
Laura's Lucky Boy was the class of the field who I said in a post that I liked. And the name suits it! Chalk that one up to "the racing gods" if you think LLB isn't worth spit!LOL! :jump:

46zilzal
08-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Paulson is dead is he not?

chrisg
08-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Paulson is dead is he not?
I thought the widow ran hers under that name; actually I think she remarried recently & may run under different names also...because of partnerships.

toetoe
08-06-2005, 03:27 AM
How would you like to be a P.R. guy, and to have to explain the stewards' decisions. That's worse than being a horseplayer.

linrom1
08-06-2005, 07:30 AM
DEL MAR DAILY NOTEBOOK

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2005

After all was said and done though, the race still provided more than its share of drama as once the field hit the stretch, it became a two horse race between favorite LAURA'S LUCKY BOY (Theatrical [Ire]), who had been just a little off the pace early, and last year's champion Sarafan (Lear Fan), who had been lying next to last early. The pair dueled gamely through the stretch with Sarafan gaining the lead late to hit the wire a head in front of his rival, apparently defending his championship and apparently establishing a new course record of 2:12 for 11 furlongs.

In no time at all though the "Inquiry" light began flashing on the tote board and the stewards went about viewing replay after replay, which revealed that there had been some contact made through the stretch drive with the greatest majority of it occurring just as the pair was crossing the wire. The stewards deliberated for what seemed like an eternity but eventually ruled to disqualify Sarafan from first to second, giving Laura's Lucky Boy the victory.

linrom1
08-06-2005, 07:32 AM
DEL MAR DAILY NOTEBOOK

THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2005

A mere field of five went to the gate for Thursday's 6 1/2-furlong optional-claiming event for fillies and mares, three-years-old and up. Siphon Honey (Siphon ) was sent off as the favorite but encountered trouble before the field ever got into the starting gate. The six-year-old mare was behind the gate, preparing to load, when she reared and flipped over backward. Jockey Patrick Valenzuela showed a great deal of agility to get out of the way at the last moment and avoid serious injury.[b] Surprisingly, the track vet cleared Siphon Honey to run and allowed her and Valenzuela to go to the post as scheduled.

chrisg
08-06-2005, 10:24 AM
I don't debate that Siphon Honey should not have run; I never said she should have. But you didn't answer my question. And how is that a conspiracy to let Mercedes win?

If you think Sarafan should have won, that's your opinion. I'm not gonna argue w/ you. I think two things happened in that stretch run that sold it to the stewards: how far they drifted in towards the rail (as if Sarafan was coming over) & the jock (Nakatani?) standing up. But I would have no problem w/ them leaving Sarafan up.

But your Mercedes conspiracy is weak.

You really think the best idea someone could come up with was, lets flip Siphon Honey and run her?

Think about that man.