PDA

View Full Version : Hambo

OTM Al
08-04-2005, 12:48 PM
I rarely bet on harness racing, but always like to get a wager down on the Hambo every year. Was looking at the field and it looks pretty strong, esp the two Photos. Any of you experienced trotter people see any live bombs in there? Strong Yankee and Mr Dream Om peak my interest a bit.

melman
08-05-2005, 09:48 AM
OTM AL, Class Photo does look like the fav for the Hambo. Seems to be peaking at the right time with Ron Pierce. However I also see Strong Yankee, Self Professed and Muscle Bound with plenty of speed. Odds should dictate a play in this race with Muscle Bound a likely longshot. Nice field and an interesting final card of the meet at The BigM.

OTM Al
08-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks melman. The Hambo always intrigues me because it always seems like some real bombs hit the board. I figure since they all had to qualify in, there are always going to be some serious overlays in the field. Couple years back I had the super picked and then didn't bet it to my forever shame. Needless to say it was a five fig payout.... Ever since then I have sworn never to miss/chicken out on this race again.

Drew
08-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Here is the link to free trackmaster pp's from the USTA website.

http://www.ustrotting.com/misc/Hambletonian/pdf/mxx0806q.pdf

I'll post my picks later.

Drew

Drew
08-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I like Vivid Photo in the race. As for live bombs, I'll say Northern Ensign and Muscle Memory.

Best of Luck

Tom
08-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Hammer time at the Hambo!

What a great race! That guy was treated like he was nuts for driving his own horse and not picking a "big time" driver who could handle the pressure of a 1.5 million dollar race! Ha! I would say he handled it nicnely! Fooled everyone by coming off the pace and clowing them away. How's THAT for confidence in your horse? Biggest race of his life and he changes tactics to pull it off.

melman
08-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Good to see Roger Hammer take the Hambo, he has been in harness for many many years. Nice all Drew on your pick and JoeG (of course) hammered it in the War room. lol Nice to see a harness race on national TV does not happen very often.

melman
08-07-2005, 12:31 PM
For a non-harness guy that is not bad at all in having the contenders as you mentioned "the two Photo's". They came in 1st and 2nd :D Hope you took some cash out of the race.

OTM Al
08-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Nah, couldn't do anything right on Saturday. I liked the 6 the best of the 2 and of course didn't put a win bet on him and when Strong Yankee backed up it blew my Ex and Sup. Life goes on (with a lighter wallet....)