PDA

View Full Version : Finally, some positive NYRA news!

PaceAdvantage
08-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Required reading for one Mr. Alan G. Hevesi:

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=29323

Monitor's Comments Indicate NYRA May Be Cleared
by Tom Precious
Date Posted: 8/2/2005 3:34:44 PM
Last Updated: 8/2/2005 3:34:44 PM

The New York Racing Association has made significant strides to improve its operations and to bolster the integrity of the racing industry, according to the federal monitor assigned to oversee NYRA during its deferred prosecution period.

The remarks by Neil Getnick at a Albany Law School symposium Aug. 2 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., were seen by industry insiders--and especially NYRA officials--as an indication the monitor would issue a favorable report to federal prosecutors later in August that could pave the way for dismissal of NYRA's prosecution.

"I think it might be a good idea for Neil to come up and give his speech again," a beaming Charles Hayward, NYRA president and chief executive officer, told an audience shortly after Getnick made his rare public comments.

Getnick, appointed in March 2004 to keep an eye on NYRA for prosecutors in the U.S. Attorney's office in Brooklyn, told reporters after his speech NYRA "has taken the opportunity since then to go about repairing itself and really has paid close attention to what we call the four pillars of good conduct: integrity, transparency, good governance, and social responsibility. I think NYRA has taken very specific steps to make itself into a good corporate citizen."

Getnick said NYRA went far in improving relations with horsemen, resolving such thorny issues as the $13 million NYRA grabbed from a purse account to pay its operating costs. He said NYRA has "become an industry leader" in dealing with racing integrity matters by shutting down connections to offshore rebate shops and taking what he said is the national lead in equine drug testing. "Simply put, NYRA has unequivocally said 'yes' to racing integrity," Getnick said. On taking steps to boost wagering integrity, Getnick said NYRA has "an unmatched record of achievement."

highnote
08-03-2005, 02:34 AM
Here is a quote from a similar article in DRF:

"Simply put, NYRA has unequivocally said yes to racing's integrity, and just as resoundingly said no to horse drugging, computer batch betting, tax evasion, and money laundering," Getnick said. "NYRA has an unmatched record of achievement in taking on these issues, and that goes beyond the theoretical."

The point of my post is to understand what Getnick is getting at when he talks about computer batch betting. I think most would agree that batch betting puts normal bettors at a disadvantage in that they can't send in bets as quickly as the batch bettors. What I want to know is, who are the operations that were allowing batch betting? I think one of them was the outfit out of North Dakota (I forget their name). They have been shut down for not paying taxes and some other illegal operations. Just because a site is doing something illegal doesn't mean NYRA was involved in their illegal activity.

Are there other sites that offered batch wagering into NY pools? If not, why is this such a big deal? Why does it even deserve mentioning by Getnick if no one else is doing it? He mentions it, so I assume it must have been happening.

So who are the sites that were allowing it?

I still don't see the problem with rebate shops. Hell, Churchill and Del Mar and other big meetings allow rebate shops to bet their races, so it can't be that bad.

No matter how they present it, it always sounds (smells? looks?) like a bunch of horse shit to me.

TheRipper
08-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Getnick's daily oversight of NYRA ended two weeks ago.

Is this how NYRA got away with giving contract & jobs to DRF & former DRF employees (you heard of Friends of NY Racing [FONY], meet FOH = Friends of Hayward)?

kenwoodallpromos
08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Yes most of sounds nice like NYRA is improving and that is goo;, but you left out the part where NYRA is proving they are not adversaries of horsemen by giving relatives including children of horsemen free admission to tracks.
No mention of the bettors who suffered by the Pick 6 ripoff, shops, and criminal tellers. Did they get discounts, etc. or are the bettors the real adversaries?
NYRA and Hayward may have been doing great things for the customers, but not one word was mentioned.

Suff
08-03-2005, 07:37 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/
For those in parts west and beyond.. I have put a picture of the Getnick and Getnick poster in the Misc Gallery.

The NYRA Crusades.

For those that don't know... They plastered these all over the tracks.

Bathrooms, poles, Tree's , you name it. There was one every 50 feet at Saratoga last year.

I think I called once when I was drunk and reported a Squirrel hanging out my horse's ass.:p :faint:

the little guy
08-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Is this how NYRA got away with giving contract & jobs to DRF & former DRF employees (you heard of Friends of NY Racing [FONY], meet FOH = Friends of Hayward)?Why don't you tell us all about the incompetent people that Charlie has hired and exactly how and why you know they are incompetent.

My guess is you won't, and of course can't, as you're obviously yet another internet coward hiding behind his computer screen making indefensible and inflammatory comments to mask your general frustrations in life.

aaron
08-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't know if Mr. Haywood is sincere or not,but I recall him saying that he is dissappointed that he hasn't been able to do anything for his customers.Only time will tell.Will he give NYRA One account holders back the free admission we had for years? So far nothing has been done for the customer.The new betting machines are not as functional as the old ones.I understand the raise in prices for big days and Saratoga,but what about the rest of the year.I've seen no talk about trying to lower the takeout.Barry Schwartz did lower the takeout and under his regime they were definately more customer friendly.Mr.Schwartz and Mr.Meyocks were often seen in the grandstand talking to customers,so far I don't think Mr.Haywood has been seen.
It will be interesting to see what happends after the monitoring is over.Hopefully Mr.Haywood will step up to the plate.

TheRipper
08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Why don't you tell us all about the incompetent people that Charlie has hired and exactly how and why you know they are incompetent.

Don't spin and twist. Never did question competence.

Only question is how the DRF and ex-DRF employees got these new deals at NYRA. Barry Schwartz was called to the carpet for his dealings and conflicts of interest (web site deal). Why not shine a light on Charlie and see what crawls out?

CFO is a sweet position at NYRA. NYRA program production is a big contract. Both went to DRF relations. How sweet.

One might think Charlie would be trying his damnedest to prevent even a hint of favoritism given the current climate.

Suff
08-03-2005, 10:13 PM
I agree... Unless I'm missing something....and I would assume I am... How in the hell can NYRA be awarding contracts to Haywards old company. Unless DRF is doing it for nothing... Even if the deal is so clean it has a hymen....it still stinks. Head banger for me. Nepotism all up in the air.

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Even if the deal is so clean it has a hymen

Suff, how long have you been waiting to use that one???!!! You sure do have a way with words, that's all I'm going to say!

I've resigned myself to the fact that there will never be a thread on this board that contains only positives about NYRA....LOL

kenwoodallpromos
08-04-2005, 12:57 AM
You will have to go to my website for that! LOL! (Of course, no one but me is allowed to post there!)LOL!

BetHorses!
08-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Here's a link to Hevesi's latest NYRA audit for those who are interested.

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/audits/allaudits/093005/04s61.htm

the little guy
08-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Don't spin and twist. Never did question competence.

Only question is how the DRF and ex-DRF employees got these new deals at NYRA. Barry Schwartz was called to the carpet for his dealings and conflicts of interest (web site deal). Why not shine a light on Charlie and see what crawls out?

CFO is a sweet position at NYRA. NYRA program production is a big contract. Both went to DRF relations. How sweet.

One might think Charlie would be trying his damnedest to prevent even a hint of favoritism given the current climate.Since you don't question their competence ( who, by the way, besides the new CFO did Charlie hire from DRF? ) why is it a problem that these people ( or single person ) were hired?

As far as the program deal with DRF....do you know for a fact that it wasn't perhaps a better financial deal for NYRA than the previous one?

And thirdly, when were you fired by DRF/Charlie.....or was it someone else close to you?

aaron
08-04-2005, 10:45 AM
It is not necessarily a bad thing that people from the DRF were hired by Mr.Haywood.Nassau OTB hired Noel Michaels from the DRF and he seems to be knowledgeable and hard working.I would guess that the people hired by Mr.Haywood are competent.
Didn't Steve Crist hire people from NYRA when he took over the form? The form has improved its product under Mr.Crist.
People tend to hire people they have a working relationship with.
I also find it hard to criticize Barry Schwatz,since he did not take a salary and he is the last person that actually reduced take out.
Let's give Mr.Haywood some time and then judge him.So far his hands have been tied.Let's give him a chance to produce once his hands are untied.

Suff
08-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Suff, how long have you been waiting to use that one???!!! You sure do have a way with words, that's all I'm going to say!

The letter A. Captial A. Was missing from the small program monday at Saratoga? Durkin seemed annoyed, and used humor to shine on them.

Suff
08-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I'd post the link to the story but I'm rethinking my recipocral link philisophy.

I make it it a point to give props where they are due. If I find something interesting on Equidaily, I always post the link back to Equidaily. If it is on BH, or DRf or another message board I highlight it.

This really isn't any of my business and I'm only bringing it up because I'm an idiot. Dave Schwartz mentioned Pace Advantage on Travis at Track, TravisVOX went right past it like an old speed bump. My way of thinking, if your going to tout the show, and then tout your guest's, and thier success's then you have to reciprocate.

I understand he's got big sponsors. The Museum, Saratoga Special, NYRA...

he needs his vistors clicking on the sponsors, not links to message boards. I understand that. So the link that was promised earlier was heat of the moment. But Schwartz opened the Door. Scwartz said " I must say Hello to the Boys at Pace Advantage" and TravisVOX said. Hmm.. Hmm..Yea ok ,, so what do you think about.....blah blah. he buried it.

I guess he's to good for us during prime time. Big shot now. We get dirt.

What am I doing worrying about it? Beats me.....its how I think.

Repeat:

Be careful how you treat people on the way up, because you see the same people on the way down.

Other than that, The show is great. I've listened to them all. I find TravisVOX a good horse man. Unique style. Great guests, thorough interviews.

Tom
08-04-2005, 09:16 PM
"Even if the deal is so clean it has a hymen " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :jump:

TheRipper
08-04-2005, 11:38 PM
The letter A. Captial A. Was missing from the small program monday at Saratoga? Durkin seemed annoyed, and used humor to shine on them.

Hey Little Guy, I guess I can safely call the DRF's competence into question. Good move NYRA. Hope you guys got a cut rate deal from Charlie's old pals at the DRF. What's the standard discount for missing letters?

For the record, I have never been hired or fired by Charlie/DRF. Much like yourself, I get my info from quality sources.

the little guy
08-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey Little Guy, I guess I can safely call the DRF's competence into question. Good move NYRA. Hope you guys got a cut rate deal from Charlie's old pals at the DRF. What's the standard discount for missing letters?

For the record, I have never been hired or fired by Charlie/DRF. Much like yourself, I get my info from quality sources.Yer out of yer league....and obvious.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2005, 01:16 AM
I'd post the link to the story but I'm rethinking my recipocral link philisophy.

Suff, would you mind reposting your reply in the Travis radio thread?

Then I'll go ahead and delete the one in this thread, which is obviously out of place.....thanks!

TheRipper
08-05-2005, 09:26 AM
OUCH!

Primo response Little Guy. Cut me to the quick! Here's an idea -- address the issue instead of trying to sweep it under the rug with a smartass comment. Every remark I've made so far has been the truth.

Since you seem to have the ear of the NYRA, ask them why they changed vendors. Will their response be they were looking to streamline, and needed a firm capable of dropping a letter or two off the alphabet. :ThmbDown: :bang:

Suff
08-05-2005, 10:00 AM
OUCH!

Primo response Little Guy. Cut me to the quick! Here's an idea -- address the issue instead of trying to sweep it under the rug with a smartass comment. Every remark I've made so far has been the truth.

Since you seem to have the ear of the NYRA, ask them why they changed vendors. Will their response be they were looking to streamline, and needed a firm capable of dropping a letter or two off the alphabet. :ThmbDown: :bang:

STFU. OK asshole.

PA consider dumpng this clown, Pronto.

TheRipper
08-05-2005, 11:40 AM
What did I do wrong? Not enough NYRA ass kissing for your liking Suff? I'll make it easy for PA and everyone else - I'll leave on my own.

Just remember this very important point -

Barry K. Schwartz was lambasted by Hevesi for giving a very valuable contract to a firm run by his son-in-law. Hayward gave a very valuable contract to the company he helped Steve Crist purchase, and ultimately ran as President - but that's ok.

the little guy
08-05-2005, 12:07 PM
What did I do wrong? Not enough NYRA ass kissing for your liking Suff? I'll make it easy for PA and everyone else - I'll leave on my own.

Just remember this very important point -

Barry K. Schwartz was lambasted by Hevesi for giving a very valuable contract to a firm run by his son-in-law. Hayward gave a very valuable contract to the company he helped Steve Crist purchase, and ultimately ran as President - but that's ok.Just remember this far more important point.....the group that purchased the Form with Steve and Charlie sold it a year ago.

You're yet another silly internet coward who has a little misinformation and thinks he's Inspector Clouseau.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh well, that was easy...

NoDayJob
08-05-2005, 05:30 PM
STFU. OK asshole.

:lol: In the future, please use 1920621. Ok 11919815125 :lol:

Thank you,

:D NDJ [AKA Troll #1] :D

The Hawk
08-05-2005, 11:57 PM
STFU. OK asshole.

PA consider dumpng this clown, Pronto.

With all due respect, I'm not sure what this guy said that was so out of line. He's got a point...is this site open only to NYRA pandering? Or is the guy allowed to raise questions, whether you agree with his point or not? I feel like I'm missing something in this thread. Was something edited?

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Nope, nothing edited....and I didn't kick him off, so don't yell at me....I'm not in the habit of kicking folks off just because I might disagree with their agenda.

Hawk, I also take offense to your implication that this site is only open to NYRA pandering. There have been PLENTY of posts here that have been critical of NYRA, including YOURS. Just because I'm not a critic of NYRA doesn't mean criticism isn't allowed by others. I will, of course, argue the point if I believe the criticism is unfounded.

The Hawk
08-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Hawk, I also take offense to your implication that this site is only open to NYRA pandering. There have been PLENTY of posts here that have been critical of NYRA, including YOURS. Just because I'm not a critic of NYRA doesn't mean criticism isn't allowed by others. I will, of course, argue the point if I believe the criticism is unfounded.

Your last statement is my point, PA. Arguing the point, any point, pro-NYRA or otherwise, is the idea. Calling for expulsion, cryptically telling the guy to "shut the bleep up" and calling him "silly" and a "coward" isn't arguing the point, it's bullying the guy into not posting his opinion. And he's right in that no one even addressed his point (re-read the responses).

Obviously, I wasn't talking about you, but you were defensive about it, because this happened to be about NYRA. Whatever. The funny thing is, I don't even agree with The Ripper's points, but he has a right to voice them without that kind of reaction, no? What's this site without dissenting voices? You run a great site. I don't think you'd put up with that from everyone. But these posts suggest there's a different set of rules for the guys backing NYRA in a given thread.

Tom
08-06-2005, 04:25 PM
From someone who could care less about NYRA one way or the other, I fail to see anything the Ripper posted that was out of line. I cannot comment on the Little Guy because his past "cyber personality" has earned him a permenant place on my Ignore list, so I can only assume more of the same from him. But Ripper seems to be participating in a discussion to me. Agree or not, if he was out of line, a lot of us better shut up. I get worse than that from people who like me! :D

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2005, 03:04 AM
The funny thing is, I don't even agree with The Ripper's points, but he has a right to voice them without that kind of reaction, no? What's this site without dissenting voices?

You're 100% correct, I wouldn't put up with one guy telling another guy to "STFU OK Asshole" Suff was wrong to post what he posted.

With that said, posting here is not a right, it is a priviledge....but you are correct, one should not expect that kind of reaction when one is following the basic rules of this site. And like I said before, there are plenty of dissenting voices all over the place, in all kinds of topics....I was actually kind of looking forward to seeing where this banter between Ripper and TLG would lead....oh well...

the little guy
08-07-2005, 08:33 AM
...I was actually kind of looking forward to seeing where this banter between Ripper and TLG would lead....oh well...It led to another opportunity for board asshole " Tom " to take, yet another, cheap shot.

keilan
08-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I’ve read the thread through and like Tom fail to see why Suff, TLG or anyone else is so upset. If the Ripper has “his head up his ass” so be it but there are lots of ways to say so without the personal attacks.

Tom –Andy get along, grudges are for children :kiss:

kenwoodallpromos
08-07-2005, 12:22 PM
I guess I'm naive' I did not know I along with 100% of the mmbers of this board were supposed to consider "Tom" the official ASSHOLE as per your last post without ***s! I guess I'm the only one who does not think "Tom" is an ASSHOLE! I thought he was just a little bit bananas!LOL!!
I will have to remember from now on that you, The Little Guy, AB's best little buddy, is the official ASSHOLE labeler on this board!
FYI- neither offical board ASSHOLE "Tom" nor little buddy The Little Guy is oln my ignore list! :sleeping:

aaron
08-07-2005, 05:41 PM
We can debate NYRA all day,but ultimately they should be judged on their record.If anyone can supply their record of plus and minuses over the last 30-35 years,then maybe we could have an intelligent conversation and stop snapping at each other.Right now we have some people oppossed to the NYRA and some for it.Each has its own agenda.Those for it seemed to have a vested interest,whether it be relationships within the NYRA or trying to get a job from them.Those opposed see everything they do as a negative.I think in certain instances they have tried to do the right thing,but for whatever reason they are powerless.
I have to give them credit for stopping their business relationships with certain offshore companies.By doing this they have basically stopped sudden drops in the odds.
As of now I feel for racing to be successful in NY it must be operated differently no matter who operates it,whether it be NYRA or some other entity.
If anyone feels racing in NY should remain status quo, I'd be interested to listen to their reasoning.

Tom
08-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Now I remember why TLG was on my ignore list FIRST.

I guess I am still not missing anything of any substance. :D

As Popeye once said, "I yam what I yam!" Toot toot!:lol:

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Well, this was certainly not the direction I thought this thread would take....

The Hawk
08-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Me neither, PA, but you at least deserve credit for being a stand-up guy.

the little guy
08-08-2005, 01:04 AM
For what it's worth this is my problem with that poster. If I disagree or have a problem with something posted I respond head on. I don't make snide off-hand remarks. As far as I'm concerned that's flat out passive aggressive internet cowardice. And, as far as I'm concerned, that is what that poster does. For that reason, I consider his behavior to be....well let's just say...sadly lame. This " I ignore TLG so I can only assume what he wrote is more of the same " is BS...you know it, I know it, and everyone knows it.

Suff
08-09-2005, 01:49 PM
With all due respect, I'm not sure what this guy said that was so out of line. He's got a point...is this site open only to NYRA pandering? Or is the guy allowed to raise questions, whether you agree with his point or not? I feel like I'm missing something in this thread. Was something edited?

Hawk... I

Since you seem to have the ear of the NYRA, ask them why they changed vendors. Will their response be they were looking to streamline, and needed a firm capable of dropping a letter or two off the alphabet

Hawk... He's taking on TLG directly there isn't he? And THERIPPER is using some known facts about TLG because TLG is a Known Commodity. TheRipper is anononymous.

PA should'nt (imho).....and I won't, let a known commodity get dragged into the mud by an unknown commodity. Mainly because guys won't post here if every fruit cake with a keyboard can tee them up.

When A known entity posts a point, it makes the PA advantage board a real jewel for knowledgable commentary on Horse Racing. That atmosphere needs to be protected. I agree with the Ripper on this issue, But he's not going to beat up a guy anonymously in any thread I'm in.

I apologize to all , even Ripper, for not being more mature in the manner in which I first expressed my thoughts.

The Hawk
08-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Suff, TLG, and PA, I get your points, and understand a little better where you're coming from. Originally it seemed the guy was just getting bullied out of here based on a dissenting opinion, but you all have valid points, too. Onward and upward.

Suff
08-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Suff, TLG, and PA, I get your points, and understand a little better where you're coming from. Originally it seemed the guy was just getting bullied out of here based on a dissenting opinion, but you all have valid points, too. Onward and upward.

Continuing on with my Point.

The Wicks Group, the new owner of the DRF are simply new Bankers. Some former DRF people wanted to liquify. (could charlie hayward be in that group? ) Private transaction.....inspector Clousea would know. I don't. However I don't think DRF today is fundementally different today than when Hayward Sold it and moved to NYRA. Where he then awards a 3rd party print contract to his previous employer. Who I suggest....might have made him some coin. (again don't know...Pure speculation on my part).

Either way.... After hearing the word "INTEGRITY" more than I have heard Terrorist in the last 2 years.... How the hell did they think this was a Good idea? I suppose the Wicks Group saw growth potential within the industry based upon thier family of Boutique print sports publications. I'm sure they have more sway with Printing costs than Sporst Eye. Then again,,,sports eye prints a GAZILLION different things... they got beat at their own game?

I'm undecided, leaning towards... right deal, wrong time to Wrong Deal Wrong Time.

Getnicks Comments included...in this opinion.

who I might add . He's been sidelined now that he bailed on the NYRA witch hunt. Based on his comments why aren't there poker rooms at the BIG A tommorrow?

Suff
08-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Continuing on with my Point.

I suppose the Wicks Group saw growth potential within the industry based upon thier family of Boutique print sports publications.

http://www.wicksgroup.com/fund2_portfolio/wsi.html

A fresh look at the wicks group actually shows they have very limited experience in this particular sector of information. Thier print experience is predominately business information. They do have Lots of other media with Sports content. But in thier previous or current print portfolio I see very litte sports data dessimination.

Suff
08-10-2005, 11:31 AM
I apologize for any toes I'm stepping on. This thing has me intrigued.

These are comments from Charlie Hayward upon selling the DRF to the Wicks group. Alpine is the investment group put together by Hayward.

"Alpine typically purchases and improves companies and then moves on as they have done here after owning the company for over 5 years and adding significant value," said Charlie Hayward, who will continue to serve as DRF's President and chief executive. "They realized a strong return on their investment and now a new owner is in position to take the property to an even greater level, which is very exciting for all of us at the company."

The DRF is at 100 Broadway NY NY. That's the corner of Broadway and wall.
As in Wall Street NY NY. When you put together successful 50 million dollar deals at that address, as Hayward did, You get paid.

Suff
08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
IN defense of the deal (s).

Crist and Hayward put together an investment group headed by Alpine to buy the property from Primedia in August, 1998. Since then, the newspaper has been reinvigorated by an infusion of leading racing journalists and the company has diversified its revenue sources by launching the sport's leading website, www.drf.com (http://www.drf.com/), proprietary software including Formulator 4.0, and the DRF Press book-publishing division, while forging new industry alliances and implementing new printing and database technologies

They invested in technology, and alliances to grow in this direction, and they are forging ahead with thier business plan regardless of the political climate.

Simple as that perhaps.

Suff
08-11-2005, 05:30 PM
I tell some one to stuff it and this thread got 7 new posters. I wheel it around and parallel park it back into line and no one is interested suddenly.

50 mil, wall street, new contracts, ex-employee's, pocket lining, broken promise's. long term relationships nixed, Polly ticians. Next time you want to talk takeout.......I'll point you all back to this thread.
Workmens comp....lol.

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm still interested. It's no shock NYRA would be hiring a guy from the DRF (CFO)....afterall, whenever a new leader moves into town, he tends to bring guys along that he knows and trusts. Kind of like when Kenny Noe came to NYRA and brought along a bunch of guys from Florida....

However, the program contract is an interesting twist. Believe it or not, TheRipper and The Little Guy aren't the only ones with sources around here....LOL

Suff
08-12-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm still interested. It's no shock NYRA would be hiring a guy from the DRF (CFO)....afterall, whenever a new leader moves into town, he tends to bring guys along that he knows and trusts. Kind of like when Kenny Noe came to NYRA and brought along a bunch of guys from Florida....

However, the program contract is an interesting twist. Believe it or not, TheRipper and The Little Guy aren't the only ones with sources around here....LOL

Call me fat dumb and stupid. Did'nt the state just spend millions to tell us about a WEB SITE contract that belonged to a Relative of a Board member or trustee or something? Listen, Chist and Hayward shared a bank account that makes them closer than Man & Wife.

That's not odd to anyone but me? They're under of threat of prosecution for web site contracts (at supposed 50% discount), the costs of Trophy's, vanning owners horse's around........ all that is so bad that they need a lawyer. But three months later The CEO is awarding contracts to his ex-employer. That's not BOING! on the WTF scale?

Sports eye could fall over dead tommorrow..... I have no interest in the deal per se... The deal is what? A tiny program? Coffee money. It's the not the size of the deal , or who lost it. It's that no one in NY could print a program besides Charlies Haywards ex-company?

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2005, 02:38 AM
It's not exactly coffee money either...it's a fairly sizable contract (three daily programs -- Post Parade, Simulcast and Pocket Program). As of right now, Sports Eye is still doing the actual printing....DRF is doing the pre-press production.

Sports Eye used to do both jobs.

There's also a lot going on behind the scenes that I unfortunately can't disclose on a public board at this time...

Suff
08-16-2005, 08:22 PM
I think DRF will announce the purchase of, or a merger with Sports Eye in the next few days?

This has been a tough puzzle to figure.