PDA

View Full Version : Siro's at Saratoga. (breakfast)

Suff
08-02-2005, 09:00 PM
If your going to Saratoga I suggest DRF's AM harvey pack show. I enjoy it. It gets crowded. 75 to 100 I would think... probably near 200 travers week?

Andi Serling , harvey pack team well together. I go for the entertainment, the continental breakfast, and the excellent handicapping. I've met Crist a 1/2 dozen times... I don't find him easy to get a conversation going. But when he talks horse's he can rumble. Andi Serling...entertaining and I like to hear how he see's into a race. He gets into races through windows people don't see.

It's a great take, and is 15 inch's from the track.

I went on Sunday...Said hello to TLG and Crist. I'll have more on that later...

Hate to shine on him, but his stance was so strong he's gotta own it.

Ashado. ouch.:bang:

Here's the scheduled guest's the week we are there.

Wed.August 24Harvey Pack, Dave Litfin, Nick Kling

Thu.August 25Harvey Pack, Andy Serling, Cary Fotias

Fri.August 26Harvey Pack, Andy Serling, Dave Litfin

Sat.August 27Harvey Pack, Steven Crist, Steve Davidowitz

Sun.August 28Harvey Pack, Andy Beyer, Andy Serling

Mon.August 29Andy Serling, Noel Michaels, Brian Pochman

Wed.Aug. 31Harvey Pack, Dave Litfin, Andy Serling

Figman
08-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Suff - Brian Pochman is the DRF guy to speak with. Real personable and a good handicapper. He sure knows thoroughbred breeding.

Zaf
08-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Attended last year Travers Day & Day Before. Harvey Pack alone is worth stroll down to Siro's !!! The guy is hilarious :lol:

ZAFONIC

Suff
08-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Suff - Brian Pochman is the DRF guy to speak with. Real personable and a good handicapper. He sure knows thoroughbred breeding.

Yes, you've mentioned that. He writes Cl'r look for DRF. I don't know how they book the guests. Perhaps that days host does it.

Thought I saw John Dasilva there last year and year before? He's not there. Doing somthing with OTB show I think.

Storm Cadet
08-02-2005, 10:57 PM
http://www.thorograph.com/phorum/file.php?1,file=8

Starts each weekend day @ 11 AM :eek:

Suff
08-02-2005, 11:10 PM
http://www.thorograph.com/phorum/file.php?1,file=8

Starts each weekend day @ 11 AM :eek:

I'm sitting at the Table Sunday and two guys who I never seen before come right up to me and say, "where's Steve Byk?" I do a double take...because I only know Steve Byk from here. I have never met the man. But I knew the name right away so I said... "You mean Steve who writes the Derby trail?"

The guy says yea... I'm "atthepost" from some message board. I forget what board he said... But he said it again after we made 15 seconds of small talk. I told him where I thought he could find Steve..and he walked away saying, yea I'm atthepost from Derbytrail and a message board. ( I forget the name).

There are 35,000 people there. I'm scratching my head afterwards thinking... he had to have seen our Saratoga operation. Now I see the banner. Steve invited the Pace Advantage outing over one day while we are there. It all comes together now.

There is a Caroline's beside the festival tent.

andicap
08-03-2005, 12:30 PM
That Friday show is a keeper....gotta get there early to see Cary F. and give TLG some hell. :) We'll be heckling his picks fer sure.

Cary's book is one of the best written on form cycles (along with Len Ragozin's) -- My dog-eared copy sits in the bathroom where I review it whenever I can. And my wife is always asking me why I'm in there so long.

:p :p

Suff
08-16-2005, 03:30 PM
TLG, Brian Pochman and Noel Richards tore the card apart yesterday. Without the benefit of scratchs' .
Between them they had the $87.00 early double.....cold. (TLG's top picks)

6th race start of the late pick 4. TLG again $20.00 horse top pick. Pochmans top horse ran second. $224.00 exacta.

Using 3 top picks and one 2nd choice they all basically hit the late Pick 4 cold. $510.00.

They were on every winner and might have swept the card had they had the scratch's.

They all talked themselves off Rousing Victory....:D . and they still went 6 for 9 without the scratch's. 3 $10.00+ horses on the card and all 3 were TOP selections for TLG.

No....he's not paying me. Good work deserves mention.

Maxspa
08-16-2005, 07:43 PM
All,
My son and I make one Special journey to the track! This Friday, we'll begin with a large sized breakfast at the Horseshoe. Stop at the bar for one and listen to the grooms and Irish stable hands talk about their morning chores and improving steeds. Then we head over to Siro's for the morning seminars, mark our Racing Forms with information given by the best handicappers in the country. Ably narrated by Harvey Pack, a one of a kind Damon Runyon type character, it always includes includes some funny racetrack stories. Filled with optimism we head to the track and begin the Daily trips to the paddock to view the gorgeous animals that will be part of the afternoon's wagering experience. In between races we'll have time for a sausage sandwich smothered with onions and a cold beer to wash it down.
Whether we win or not is important but not at the expense of the Saratoga Experience that is Priceless. We always leave some extra money in the car in case and after the races, a downtown restaurant is agreed upon for the final stop of the best sharing experience ever!
I can't wait!
Maxspa

BillW
08-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Max,

Only a week now and your post just made that 168 hours seem like a lifetime :p .

Looking forward to getting together with you again!

Can't wait,

Bill

Maxspa
08-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Bill,
Last year provided lots of good memories and this year will be no exception! According to the weather reports there has been little rain and EXTRA HEAT! I hope we can get (Century 21) Trijack up here as well! If Suff doesn't quit touting Chekov maybe we can arrange to put him in the detention barn. Should be a great time!
Maxspa

Red Knave
08-17-2005, 03:46 PM
All,
My son and I make one Special journey to the track! This Friday, we'll begin with a large sized breakfast at the Horseshoe. Stop at the bar for one and listen to the grooms and Irish stable hands talk about their morning chores and improving steeds. Then we head over to Siro's for the morning seminars, mark our Racing Forms with information given by the best handicappers in the country. Ably narrated by Harvey Pack, a one of a kind Damon Runyon type character, it always includes includes some funny racetrack stories. Filled with optimism we head to the track and begin the Daily trips to the paddock to view the gorgeous animals that will be part of the afternoon's wagering experience. In between races we'll have time for a sausage sandwich smothered with onions and a cold beer to wash it down.
Whether we win or not is important but not at the expense of the Saratoga Experience that is Priceless. We always leave some extra money in the car in case and after the races, a downtown restaurant is agreed upon for the final stop of the best sharing experience ever!
I can't wait!
Maxspa
You sure know how to live Max.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Maybe BillW and I can get you lost with that cooler again :D

BillW
08-17-2005, 08:05 PM
You sure know how to live Max.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Maybe BillW and I can get you lost with that cooler again :D

Max told me it would be OK as long as we left a few more beers in it for him. :lol:

John
08-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Where's Suff's little red wagon ???? :D